Topic: babyface and guitar rig pro 4

I have bought the babyface device two days ago but still cannot make it work. I have installed the latest drivers and am operating it under Mac OS X 10.6.7. I can hear the output but the device does not recognise the input from my guitar neither from the direct input (guitar symbol) nor from the breakout cable. I have of course set all inputs/outputs to the babyface device under system settings/preferences. I am using the guitar with guitar rig pro 4 from native instruments. Who can help?

Re: babyface and guitar rig pro 4

Is a signal visible in the Babyface mixer?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I can hear the output but the device does not recognise the input from my guitar neither from the direct input (guitar symbol) ...

You have activated the "Inst" button in the analog input 2 (spanner symbol)? This option changes the input from the breakout cable (XLR input 2) to the instrument input on the Babyface.

... nor from the breakout cable

You need a special instrument input (high ohm) for a plain guitar signal. On wich input do you plug in the guitar on the breakout cable? Always use the Hi-Z instrument input on the case (470 Ohm).

best regards
Knut

This is down to user error - I'm using BF with Guitar Rig every day since it arrived & it works perfectly.
Is your input assignment correct in Totalmix as per previous posts & have you selected the Babyface as the Input & Output device in Guitar Rig itself?

You didn't say whether you are using Guitar Rig standalone or in a host application.

5 (edited by burythepast 2014-01-13 14:27:32)

I've just bought the babyface and I am getting the same problem too.  I have installed all the drivers correctly operating under windows 8 and selected the babyface on guitar rig and amplitube but there Is no signal visible in the Babyface mixer.. Any advice or help please as I have been stuck with this now for about 4 days??
Babyface is selected as input and output device on the two programmes. None receive a signal from the baby face.