Topic: TOTALMIX qestions

Hi there,
1. where I can find manual for a new totalmix (rme multiface 1) ? there are few new options like groups and m/s processing, manual will help
2. bit resolution - I was told that reducing volume out on rme totalmix, could or it does actually reducing bits ? Is it true, if yes, using any digital (midi, keyboard, or other) can degrade the sound.
could you elaborate, how it is with rme, please ? If I remember correctly somebody on GS mastering forum mentioned that
3. summing within totalmix - superior to summing within a daw
has any user got experience or made a tests, please share your opinions

thanks in advance

Re: TOTALMIX qestions

filipovske wrote:

Hi there,
1. where I can find manual for a new totalmix (rme multiface 1) ? there are few new options like groups and m/s processing, manual will help

You can download a recent manual of an HDSPe card, which will have the details.

2. bit resolution - I was told that reducing volume out on rme totalmix, could or it does actually reducing bits? Is it true, if yes, using any digital (midi, keyboard, or other) can degrade the sound.

There is no connection between the bit resolution in Totalmix and MIDI or keyboards.
Apart from that, the theoretical loss of resolution does not cause audible degradation (unless you were to attenuate the signal by 90 dB digitally, and then amplify it again massively in the analog domain - but that would not make any sense).

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

thanks for answer,
there's connection - totalkeymix:)
my question was answered - I was told that reducing vol out on totalmix creates bit deduction - thanks for answer

filip

can't find recent HDSPe manual...
http://www.rme-audio.de/en_downloads_manuals.php
this one is 3 years old,
please could you provide me a link ?

thanks

bump...