Topic: Totalmix freezing

Since updating to Windows 7/64bit my Totalmix suffers from random freezing.

This mainly happens when the computer has just booted (but sometimes after a longer period as well) and also happens when no other (DAW) software is running yet.

Never had any problems under XP, with the same PC setup (RME RayDAT, Asus P5E, Q6600), so tried running Totalmix in XP/SP3 compatibility mode, but to no avail.

When it crashes all meters lock up and I'm not able to adjust any settings anymore. Closing down hdspmix.exe using task manager and running Totalmix again (without reboot), sometimes repeating this several times, most often solves this issue (for a while...).

Any ideas/help is much appreciated.

Bauke

Re: Totalmix freezing

Which driver version is this?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

DId you change the Power Scheme to "High Performance" in Control Panel? The default "Balanced" setting in Win 7 is not suitable for a DAW.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

I'm using the latest driver (3.26) and did switch to the High Performance settings.

Actually I just figured out that it might have got something to do with midi remote.
I'm using a BCF2000 to control Totalmix, and was using the midi inputs on a M-audio Midair usb interface, but I just switched it to the midi inputs on the RayDAT and so far so good...

Was running the latest (thought 2010) 64 bit drivers on the M-audio.

I have exactly the same freezing problem! So glad its not just me! rant

I don't control anything with midi apart from a standar roland midi keyboard (very basic) to input notes in Reaper.