Topic: Using 2 Multiface II with ADAT

Hi, I know is it possible to use up to 3 Multiface II's with 3 PCIe cards in one computer. My question is can you also hook up an ADAT unit, such as a Digimax FS, to each Multiface? This should give a total of 48 analog I/O. I would really only need 2 of each for a total of 32 analog I/O however. Thanks.

Mid 2010 Mac Pro, 2.8 GHz Quad-Core, OSX 10.10.2, Logic Pro X, 2 Multiface ii HDSPe, Rev. 20, 4.03

Re: Using 2 Multiface II with ADAT

Sure, this works.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Is it possible to use 2 MultiFace II's together via ADAT? Signal chain from computer being: HDSPe card > MF#1 > ADAT > MF#2.

My goal is to have 16 in to my system in an efficient way. Will this work or would I have to get an ADI-8 instead of the 2nd MFII.

Thanks

bump

Hi,
Each Multiface needs a HDSP card to work. The Multiface I/O box doe snot work as a true stand alone AD/DA.
You would need a stand alone AD/DA such as the Digmax FS you mentioned.
If you want RME level quality converters and the ADI-8 series is out of your budget range then I would consider the Fireface 400 ro Fireface UC. Either can work as a Stand alone AD/DA. If you do not need a full 32 channels of output then perhaps the RME Octamic II would be right for you.

Thanks Chris

Chris Ludwig
North East USA Sales | Synthax/RME
www.facebook.com/RMEAmericas
Twitter @RMEAmericas

dmnkpr wrote:

Is it possible to use 2 MultiFace II's together via ADAT? Signal chain from computer being: HDSPe card > MF#1 > ADAT > MF#2.

Yes, with the Disconnect Mode described in the manual, which is technically limited (requires uninterrupted external power supply). If you already have two MFs, you can use it, but I would not suggest buying a second one just for this purpose.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME