Topic: DC + FFUC locking of sample rate

I'm using the FF mostly for playback and noticed an issue in relation to DIGICheck:
Whenever I play back via ASIO and I have DIGICheck running, it is not possible for the playing application to switch the sample rate.

This was observed when using Winamp (using ASIO output plugin from otachan.com) or WaveLab 6 as playback software. With Winamp it was sometimes possible to switch from 48kHz to 44.1kHz, but never between the higher rates (96kHz and 192kHz tested) and 48kHz. Whenever this occurs winamp will simply play the new file with the sample rate of the previous file (resulting in sped up or slowed down audio). Wavelab will throw an error dialog stating that it was not able to switch the sample rate and that this is possibly because the ASIO sound interface is in "slave mode".

The option in DigiCheck "set sample rate for ASIO inputs" was disabled, the setting "preferred sample rate" seems to have no effect on this particular behaviour.

Specs: Fireface UC, driver 1.013, firmware 115
DIGICheck V5.34
Win7 (64)

Re: DC + FFUC locking of sample rate

The current limitation is quite simple and already stated above: in ASIO multi-client operation you can change the sample rate only within the same sample rate range. Within single speed, double speed and quad speed it works, from one to the other it doesn't. In that case simply Stop Audio Processing in DC for a moment.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by RMiller 2015-07-09 16:29:24)

Bump re playing DUREC files in TMFX.  Similar to DigiCheck graying-out the Sample Rate box (in the FirefaceUSB dock menu), I'm guessing because DigiCheck is treated as a Recorder even though not actively recording.  No change is available, not 44.1 to 48kHz nor v.v.  Version 5.8 does not fix this for TMFX 1.12.

DC IS recording - it samples data from the inputs all the time when is ASIO mode. Also DURec has no sample rate information, you have to set the right one before starting playback.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME