I have touchOSC working with most functions in totalmix.
The trick is you need to download Lc Xmu and use it to translate the touchOSC messages into mackie control protocol so that totalmix will respond.
It goes like this; (in short hand)
1. download touchOSC for you iphone/pad. Make sure it and your computer are both connected to a common Wifi network.
2. download the touch OSC editor and learn to design your own template for TM. I found none of the factory standard templates suitable for TM. Note; you will need to create controllers like push buttons/faders that send midi notes/CC rather than the OSC messages. This is pretty straight forward once you know the editor.
3. on mac - create a wireless midi network sesion so that touch OSC will communicate with Lc Xmu. (you need a third party app to do this on PC). You may need to google how to do this, there are several steps.
4. launch Lc Xmu and follow the instructions in its manual for setup with totalmix. When you hit a controller in touchOSC you should see the corresponding note register in Lc Xmu. You can then map this message to a totalmix function, all of which are listed in a drop down menu.
Continue mapping your controller messages to totalmix functions in this manner. It took me almost 2 weeks to fine tune my template as I didnt need all functions of TM etc.
5. go to TM and check the box under settings->enable control protocol. Also, in the totalmix midi I/O fields, you need to specify 'LcXmu(totalmix)' in both input and output.
6. in TM make sure enable midi control is checked.
7. presto. you are in wireless control of TM!
If anybody wants my touchOSC template, just ask and I will post it up on this forum.
I haven't yet been able to map the totalmix control room functions to touchOSC. ie; dim, speakers B, mono etc. These evidently respond to standard midi note on/off messages as outlined in the RME manual. Not sure if totalmix will listen to both Mackie control and standard midi messages through the same midi port... Maybe Matthias can shed some light on this?
let me know how you go.
Pro Audio Dealership.
FF UFX / Macbook 2008 2.4GHz/6GB RAM