Topic: New UCX has high pitched noise

Hello,

I have just recently bought the RME UCX. When I got the device, I noticed that there was a high pitched noise coming out of the headphone output. The noise would change when I was moving the front knob of the unit.
At first I thought that there was a ground loop issue, but then I disconnected the device from the computer completely running it only with the power adapter. The noise was still there. So I returned the unit to DV247 , where I bought it from. They also checked the unit and confirmed the problem I was having. So my unit was replaced with a new one.
However, I found out that the new unit also exhibits the same problem. And still the problem exists even if I have the unit running in standalone mode without a computer connected at all.

is there any way to overcome this problem or have I tried units from a faulty batch?

If this is the case I will have to return the unit as soon as possible for replacement.

Thank you in advance,

Jade Chang

Re: New UCX has high pitched noise

That is correct, a small batch, and you got your replacement before we could react. If you return this unit you should get a problem-free unit now.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Matthias,

I seem to have the same problem. Can you confirm that my unit with serial no. 23382386 is in that batch?

Can you also specify the serial range of the batch?

Brgds
Lars

No, I can't as we don't know the range exactly at this time. But the problem on the headphone output is easy to hear, so if you have the above behavior then you need to return the unit.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

S/N 23382386 was returned to retailer (4sound, Copenhagen). They had at least one other defective unit in stock.

Hi Matthias,

Same problem here. I returned my first unit to the retailer (Univers Sons, France ; UCX : S/N : 23382193). The new one, received yesterday, exhibit the same issues (UCX : S/N : 23382523).

Alex