Topic: Problem with the RME Babyface TotalMix FX program under Windows 7 (64)

After installing the latest (12.07.2012) driver for Windows on my Macbook pro, the driver itself is works, at least in “Device Manager” under the “Sound, video and game controllers” I can see “RME Babyface” and it inform that “This device is working properly”. But when I open RME TotalMix FX, it is completely frozen. No button or fader does not respond, "Software Playback" row is hidden and it is impossible to stretch the window, also missing the Control Strip, View Options, Reverb, Output FX. And it seems, the device “Babyface” not fully initialized: in the position of the “IN mode” the left LED of the level meter continues to flash. But Playback is fine.
Seems that the main problem is with software “RME TotalMix FX”.

I reinstalled the driver many times, and the result is the same.

Please Help, any advice and opinions will be very appreciated!

My setup: MacBook pro “17“, Intel Core i7-2860QM, CPU 2.50GHz, RAM-16GB, Windows  7 Ultimat 64 bit under BootCamp.

Thank you in advance.
Serge

Re: Problem with the RME Babyface TotalMix FX program under Windows 7 (64)

Please try: Go to F2 "Preferences" and disable 'Graphics - Use D2D'. Then Totalmix needs to be restarted.

Regards
Ralf
RME

Great! The problem with the Babyface TotalMix FX software is solved.  Thank you Ralf very much!
Just a question with the left LED of the level meter of the hardware which continues to flash in the position of the “IN mode”. Is It Normal?
I have not noticed this before.
Regards
Serge

Yes, normal.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

servoxx wrote:

After installing the latest (12.07.2012) driver for Windows on my Macbook pro, the driver itself is works, at least in “Device Manager” under the “Sound, video and game controllers” I can see “RME Babyface” and it inform that “This device is working properly”. But when I open RME TotalMix FX, it is completely frozen. No button or fader does not respond, "Software Playback" row is hidden and it is impossible to stretch the window, also missing the Control Strip, View Options, Reverb, Output FX.

Please try this version:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/to … 0984_1.zip

It should work even with D2D enabled (don't forget to reboot TM FX after changing this option).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME