Topic: Multiface seen as Digiface.

Hi.

I got a problem. Earlier my computer was installed with one pci card with Digiface and another card with Multiface. For a couple a weeks ago I remove one pci card and the  Digiface breakout box cause a friend of my needed it for some project. I have not use the computer since then, When I started the computer yesterday Hammerfall DSP settings recognize the Multiface as a Digiface.
I have uninstalled the software and have a cold reboot. Same problem.
Again I uninstall the software and deleted follow files from Windows directory.

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\drmk.sys
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\hdsp.sys
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\hdsp64.sys
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ks.sys
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\portcls.sys
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\Stream.sys
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\hdsp.inf
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\hdsp32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\hdspasio.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\lproxy.ax
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\kuser.dll
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\wdmaud.drv
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\hdspmix.exe

Again. New cold reboot
Removed the pci card.
Boot without the pci card. Shutdown.
Install the pci card in a different pci slot.
New boot.
Install software.
Upgrade Firmware to ver. 1.8 55
New cold reboot.

Still the same.

I've tried with Total Uninstall to totally remove all RME files.
New install. Still the same.
Hammerfall DSP still recognize the Multiface as Digiface.

Any help?? Or eBay??

BTW. I found a similar post with the same problem. But no solution.
http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2430

Re: Multiface seen as Digiface.

Try another FW400 cable, it's a hardware problem. Could also be the PCI card or Multiface that now requires repairs.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

3 (edited by DagL 2013-04-08 07:45:44)

It has to be a HW issue. I change the FW cable and tested the cables with a cable tester. Cables was OK. I also tested the Multiface on my Laptop with cardbus and it still recognize the Multiface as Digiface.
Strange cause I only remove the second PCI card for the Digiface from the computer. Everyting works before that.
Is there any way to reflash or reset the firmware in the Multiface? Not in the PCI card or cardbus.

BTW. Where do I find if the the rev. number on the PCI card and Multiface. Maybe I've have flash it with wrong FW.

You can't. Flash is automagically.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I've a Multiface I (Nuendo) with a black PCI card and the first pcmcia card with flat connector. I can't find the rev. number any place. Any idè where I find it.
If I understate right. There is different Flashfile for ver. <1.8 and >1.8. If I`d flash with wrong FW can that be a problem ala mine?

Hi,

I have the same issue. Sometimes it is seen as rpm or digiface.
Sometimes it is correctly seen as multiface but half of the time I have problems on the inputs, that show sound coming on totalmix fx even when nothing is pluged in.
I use it with a pcie rme card, and a rme power unit i had with my old pcmcia hammerfall.

Recently I discovered that un plug and plug again the card resolved temporary the problem.
I will try a new cable (I already changed it with and old one)... but in case it solves nothing, does it make sense and is it possible to repair an old multiface of early 2000's? I was happy with it...

The transceivers at both ends might be partially broken. We had customers exchanging these chips and regaining full functionality, but those were technically skilled. I don't know the exact value/price for such an old Multiface, but repair might be higher than that. Contact your local distributor to find out.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME