Topic: Digicheck strange behavior with FF800

I've just tried some of the Digicheck functions with a FF800 and noticed that they freezes every so often.

I would like to use Global Record for an upcoming recording session but I always get problems in the audio stream (audio repeats itself like an echo here and there).

With other sequencers the interface works without problems.

My configuration:
HP Compaq nx 7400
Intel Core2
T5600 @ 1.83GHz
2 GB RAM
external HD for audio

FF800
firmware 2.47
driver 2.82

Any idea to resolve the problem?
Thanks.

Alex

Re: Digicheck strange behavior with FF800

I have the same problem (occaisional momentary freezes) with Digicheck.  Would love to hear any ideas from RME, I love Digicheck!!

IBM Thinkpad R52 @ 1.8Ghz, 1 gig RAM
Streamlined XP Pro
FW800 expresscard TI chipset
FW800 external audio drive

FF800 - firmware 2.47 - driver 2.78
Digicheck 4.52 (using SSE optimisation)

Madiface XT, Madiface, 3x Micstasy, ADI8QS
Sequoia 17, W10 x64
https://bsound.co.nz/tools-nix

Bump.

Alex, did you ever get to the bottom of this (I haven't).

Mathias, do you have any suggestions?  Even happens when system is under low cpu load, and not speedstepping.  Could it be something to do with hyperthreading?

help....

Madiface XT, Madiface, 3x Micstasy, ADI8QS
Sequoia 17, W10 x64
https://bsound.co.nz/tools-nix

I updated to Digicheck 4.53 today, and had some similiar problems.. I opened a Cubase 4.1.2 project hit play for a few measures then I double click Digicheck and noticed for the 1st time with Digicheck random GUI freezes with the Totalyser open.. Also none of the meters were in sync with the Cubase meters.. Playback was unaffected at first. Though after closing and reopening Totalyser and switching a few of the options in the left most side of the Totalyser (with transport stopped) and playback became filled with pops, skips and dropouts. Tried Resetting the FF Driver in Devices/Device Setup but had no effect. I closed the Cubase project, tried another, same result.. Closed down Cubase and did a restart.. same result on opening another project. I shut down Cubase, turned off the FF and turned off the PC for ten minutes. Fired up the FF and PC, opened Cubase and had no other issues whatsoever over the next 4 hours of working. I didn't open any portion of Digicheck though.. Could there be a problem with the settings or setup with Digicheck?

FF800, i7 970, 12GB Ram, Win 7 64, Cubase 5, WaveLab 7

Why don't you check the setup and settings in DIGICheck?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Why don't you check the setup and settings in DIGICheck?

Well, I did open the settings box in DC itself and had a look around, and will again when I get back over.. What SHOULD they be?

Here's my playback setup in Cubase: Outputs: not connected. Control Room enabled with one Studio channel added and it is outputting to FF outs 3&4 and they go to my headphone amp. Control Room (master out) is connected to the FF Spdif outputs going to a Lavry DA10 converter then to a pair of Genelecs from there. I would want DigiCheck to monitor the Spdif outs, correct?

Follow Up: In my case it was, as per usual, User Error! LOL! I didn't have the SPDIF outs selected to monitor.. Duh! All is well!

SC