1 (edited by daycleier 2013-06-06 17:26:58)

Topic: Problem with Babyface crackling sound

Hello.

I received my Babyface about a month ago, and almost everything is amazing. The sound, the features, totalmix. Only thing that bothers me (and it bothers a lot) is the crackling sound I get from it.

I'm using it with quad core i7 Mac mini with SSD drive, hooked to Ableton Live. Processor usage falls between 25 and 50% usually (the project has 4 vst synths and about the same amount of effects). With buffer 512, it's almost ok, but not completely without cracks. With 256 it's quite bad. And with 128 it's almost unusable. This seems really weird since I've heard people get really short latencies with it.

Anything that I'm doing wrong?

Thanks...

Re: Problem with Babyface crackling sound

I have the same probleme but worse my sound is shreading

I think its a probleme between rme and mac

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic … 765#p86765

The link you posted seems to be broken.

Have you found a solution to your problem?

anybody?

What else is connected to USB on the Mac? Do you also have trouble with general audio (iTunes, etc.)?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

6 (edited by daycleier 2013-06-11 16:19:12)

There's a keyboard and a 3G modem connected.
Regular audio (iTunes etc) is not affected.

I tried with 1024 samples and with that it's even worse than 128.

Try removing the modem. Is the Babyface driver and firmware up to date?

Please check with a new project in Ableton, possibly it's just some issue with a plugin or synth. You should also check a different audio app, such as Reaper.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

I've been having problems for a long time with my Babyface and Ableton. It has ruined a lot of my recordings. When recording, I get bad crackles every couple minutes.

I can use Ableton's MIDI instruments and run the CPU up to 50% without getting crackles. When I use the Babyface, I get crackles with the CPU at 4% usage.

I do not have this problem in Logic, just Ableton. Anyone have any similar problems? I'm on OSX 10.10.5

thanks!