1 (edited by FASINFO 2013-07-28 20:50:18)

Topic: Babyface - Distortion audio-out after update 204 firmware.

Hello!

I have big problem with Babyface device: After the firmware update I got a great distortion sound output. I updated the OS to 10.8.4 (it was 10.7.5) and decided to update the driver and firmware for the my sound card. The procedure for updating the firmware ended with no errors. The device has been disconnected and re-connected after 10 seconds. Unfortunately I deleted the previous firmware (202) and now I can not revert it back. Now, all the sound is distorted. Moreover, the distortion at high volume but less audible clicks, and in the medium and low volume - generally not possible to listen to - a spike and crash.

To exclude a hardware problem with the ports of the computer - I plugged the device in another computer with the operating system Windows 8 - install the latest drivers - but got the same problem with the sound. Also tried to connect to my MAC a different USB audio interface - Focusrite Scarlett 8i6. With this device, everything worked correctly, no distortion.

My assumptions: the new firmware is not suitable for my device, or it is broken because of the static pulse during one of the connection to the computer ... Please, I beg to send me an email previous version of the firmware (202) to try to restore my device ... or provide a link for downloading it. Thanks.

Re: Babyface - Distortion audio-out after update 204 firmware.

Hello,

I also feel there might be something wrong with the current firmware. I had set up the babyface to play background music (spotify) and everything worked fine, but after around 2 hours of music playback suddenly the sound was totally distorted (laptop and babyface were at 2m height on a shelf and nobody accesses the units).

Unfortunately, as it turned out, the cause of the defect is not in the firmware. I found by chance alone some old firmware 2011-2012 (versions 179, 184 and 185). Tried everything including the latest firmware - get up correctly, but the distortion remained as is. Sadness. Apparently something is wrong with the hardware of the device ...

I've noticed the same problem (distorted audio) couple of times. I updated than the latest driver, but still happens sometimes in Logic Pro 9 and Pro Tools 11. After changing to higher and than lower buffer size it works again normal. Never had that before.

Babyface
MBP i7 quad
ML 10.8.4

I checked the audio output for headphones and it came with distortion. Later we hooked up to monitors XLR outputs - the sound was normal! Apparently something was wrong with the headphone output (died chip, or a problem with the chip power) - i put Babyface into service...