Topic: HDSP 9632 PCI card on new Asus P8Z77-V motherboard

Hi,

I'm looking at buying a lightpipe card to interface with a Yamaha 01v96 mixing desk - I only need a single ADAT channel (8 in & 8 out). I can get a good deal on an RME HDSP 9632, which looks like it would be perfect (and for the equivalent of only US$250). The only catch is that it's a PCI card, not the newer PCIe. For the price, I am willing to overlook the older PCI form factor & it's built in obsolescence, but I am a bit concerned about compatibility - my mother board has 2 PCI slots (Asus P8Z77-V) - would this be an issue, or am I being paranoid?

I have read about cases of the chipsets on newer boards not properly supporting PCI (including the Z77 chipset on my Asus motherboard), and I don't want to end up buying a card that gives grief just to save a bit of cash. I believe the issue is to do with PCIe to PCI bridging that the new Intel chipsets use due to not being natively PCI compatible. Has anyone successfully used an HDSP 9632 PCI on one of the newer Intel based boards, or is this a lost cause?

Any advice on this would be appreciated - I would hate to buy the card and end up with lots of problems. Thanks.

Regards,
Terry