Re: TotalMix FX for iPad app available in the Apple App Store

It's not the app. This function requires a complicated firmware update for the 802.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

52 (edited by goatofneptune 2016-07-24 13:43:40)

Hi there,
I just got my ufx two days ago, so this is kind of a noob question:
As I understand, the iPad-Version of Totalmix requires a USB-Connection from the ipad to the ufx. Im using it in the studio with my mac always connected to the ufx. Is there any solution to use the ipad as a wireless remote control of Totamix running on the pc? Do I have to use lemur or touch osc, or will there be an update for the totalmix-App to do that? What would you recomend?

as the arc remote is not available anymore, will the arc+ be usable with the ufx, at least over an pc? Or wont they work together at all?

Cheers

Look here:

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopi … 72#p112572

Hi Timur,
thanks for the tip. Remote Desktop is a workaround, but it is a bit sloppy in general. A direct connection to the Totalmix-Desktop Software would be snappier, wouldnt it?

Cheers

On the MADIface Pro, can TotalMix for iPad control the full 68x68 mixing matrix?

I know the iPad can only record 24 channels, but I only want to mix (not record).

Thanks!

Sure!

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi, how do I even get this app working?  I haven't found any documentation on how to actually connect the iPad to the UFX.  I'm using an official Apple Thunderbolt to USB adapter with a USB cable connected to the UFX and the app still shows "Fireface UFX disconnected".  Under settings -> RME Interface Settings, "Fireface Demo" is stuck there and there is no way to actually tell it that something else is connected.  The same thing happens when I plug the iPad into my computer instead of directly into the interface. 

The "Quick Start" doesn't even mention "hey, you'll need to do the following to get the app to work..." and just assumes that you're supposed to know what else to buy, what to do and that everything is working as intended.  Where is the "Quick Start" that actually explains how to start using the app?

All current manuals include an extra CC chapter with all the details - true also for the UFX. Found on our website under Downloads, Manuals.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

All current manuals include an extra CC chapter with all the details - true also for the UFX. Found on our website under Downloads, Manuals.

Put it in the iPad app.

Will TotalMix FX for iPad support the Digiface USB ?

(I'm super excited about the Digiface USB, it's absolutely perfect!)

The DF USB does not work stand-alone and not as Class Compliant interface.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I cannot get my iPad Pro with Total Mix app to recognise my RME UFX. i updated to the latest drivers and software. Get a message that my interface is nor recognised. What could be the source of the is problem? Also, how is the UFX put into class compliant mode as mentioned at the beginning of this post?
Cheers,
Antony

I read the extra chapter and put the UFX in class compliant mode. This stuff should be mentioned at the beginning  of the explanation about how to use the app. This is part of the set up process and should appear first

Possible or not?

ARC USB with UCX/UFX over active USB Hub with iPad?

No way.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Schade wink

Version 1.50 of TM FX for iPad is available now in the App Store. These are the changes with a bit of explanation:

- Removed 1 finger swipe, added 2 finger swipe as default.

The GUI has multiple elements to operate it without swiping (direct choice of viewing Input/Playback/Output row, vertical sliders below the three channel rows, Zoom in/out). In case horizontal and vertical swiping of the channel rows is desired this option activates 2-finger swiping. In contrast to 1-finger swiping it reliably prevents unintentional changes of buttons, knobs and faders. This works so tremendously well and safe that we decided to remove the 1 finger scrolling completely.

Note that the less critical Control Strip can be swiped vertically (with 2 fingers) even when this option is turned off.

And even the FX panel can now be hidden by (2 finger) swiping.

Taken over from the current TotalMix Remote app were several features, and a lot of code optimizations plus small fixes.

- Added vertical scrolling to the Control Strip (2 fingers)

- Option to activate Exclusive Solo/PFL mode. This feature puts the iPad app ahead of the desktop TM FX. Exclusive Solo/PFL means that when you tap on a Solo button the formly activated one will be switched off automatically. Mostly used with PFL, and to switch off the last one tapped simply tap it again.

What makes this new feature quite outstanding is that it works perfectly together with the Solo groups. You can have Solo groups and acitvate them with the buttons 1 to 4 even in Exclusive mode. At the same time you can add more Solo channels, which will all be treated as one expects with Exclusive mode.

Changed/improved:

- In 2-Row mode the divider between Input and Playback row is no longer moved when opening the FX panel

- Fader path is no longer used for fader movement, grab the fader button instead. This is another change to increase saftey and reliability when using the iPad app.

- Icons and start picture updated

- Audio engine uses Apple's latest API. What audio engine? The one that is used to set the sample rate and the amount of I/O channels (via Enable Background Mode).

Fixes:

- ADAT/SPDIF output setting for the Babyface Pro

- Various fixes and optimizations

Have fun!

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I am using rme fireface uc with my old mac. I have now replaced my mac with ipad pro 12,9. Yesterday learned that total mix fx does not support uc. Can you make the uc to work with ipad as well? Uc is very popular in Finland and i am sure that i am not the onelyone asking for this.

Can you make it happen?

The Fireface UC does not support Class Compliant mode, and that will not change, sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Little bug: When using the Dim button in TotalMixFX for iPad, then the LED indication at the unit is inverted. (Only the LED, the audio Dim works)

This is Firmware 225 on Babyface. App version 1.50