Topic: Settings Window Missing

Unusual behaviour since I've updated to Digicheck 0.562

When using Global Record, Global Level Meter, or Totalyser, no Settings window opens.  I have no way to customize level meter settings etc.

Under all other functions of Digicheck however, the settings window options opens without issue and is editable.

I've tried removing and reinstalling Digicheck in a couple different manners, but the same issue keeps occurring.

Any suggestions?  Bug?

Window 7 64bit
HDSPe AES using 3.38 Drivers

Re: Settings Window Missing

Are these functions all working, or is F3 not set correct? Did you use a multimonitor setup before, so that the settings windows are now on a non-existing monitor?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Matthias,

All functions are working, and F3 is set correctly yes.  I was able to resolve the missing settings options for Global Level Meters however by simply reloading its appropriate default .dc3 file.

I see Totalyser had a default .dc3 file as well but I was unable to solve it in the same manner as Global Meters. 
So, still no settings window visible for Global Record or Totalyser.  Perhaps thats normal for those two functions?

In regards to my monitors, I do indeed have a multi-monitor setup, but I've tried disabling all but my main monitor at one point to ensure the settings windows wasn't hidden behind another application or was loading on a non existing monitor as you suggested.

Thanks

Jason

These functions do have a settings window, and I expect it to be outside your visible range now. You can uninstall and reinstall DC, or - if you dare to do so - delete the current SetWinpos entries from the Registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RME\DIGICheck\Default\Settings\).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I'm having the same issue where the settings windows do not open. I've uninstalled DigiCheck and reinstalled version 0.690. I'm using a Fireface 800 version 3.28 & version 2.77 on Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.2.

6 (edited by lebarde 2017-10-26 20:34:33)

Hi,

Sorry to reopen an old tread, but I have that exact same problem.
I do have a 3 screens monitor setup on W10, tried to uninstall and reinstall DC but still no luck. Setup window will simply not show hmm
Any guess on what to try ?
It started randomly at some point... I remember sometimes it was appearing and sometimes not... but now it's been a long time since I couldn't open it.
Thanks

The solution should be quite obvious: temporarily change to a two or one monitor setup so that the position data in the registry is reset to vaild values. DC usually works flawlessly on a three monitor screen, unless something is really screwed up.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME