Topic: RME UFX warranty question

Hello,

Before purchasing an RME UFX, I had asked an authorized RME dealer (in the USA) what sort of warranty the UFX carried. They responded with the following:

"Warranty is offered by the manufacturer. RME offers a 2 year warranty on this product. "

When I asked them who I would return a UFX to (in case of some fault in the unit through normal use), they responded with the following:

"Manufacturers limited warranties usually cover defects in manufacturing. This is generally components that should not be affected by normal and proper use. For specifics you will want to contact the distributor. You will be dealing with them if any issues arise after our 30 day return policy period has elapsed."

1. I just wanted to verify that this information was indeed correct as I could've sworn that I've read in the past that RME warranty fulfillments are handled by the authorized dealer rather than RME.

In other words, one would return a defective UFX to the place where they bought the unit (if the defect occurs within the 2 year warranty period) rather than RME.

2. Is 2 years the standard warranty provided by RME for the USA only, or does it apply to any country as I could've also sworn that certain authorized dealers in the UK (such as Synthax) offer a 5 year RME warranty.

Thank you,
Nelson

Re: RME UFX warranty question

Hi Nelson,

Warranty repairs and questions should be first taken up directly with the Reseller you purchased your UFX from.

If you've seen extended warranties that provide additional coverage beyond RME's warranty, this is done so only at the local or national level by the distributor or reseller.

Cheers,
Blair

best regards,
Blair Francey
Fireface 802/ARC USB; HDSP Multiface x 2; 2023 AMD Windows 10 Custom PC

Hello Blair,

According to the reseller, I would have to deal directly with RME:

"You will be dealing with them [RME] if any issues arise after our 30 day return policy period has elapsed"

I wish to verify whether RME does or does not provide a warranty of 2 years for the RME UFX.

Also, I wish to verify what is and what is not covered within RME's warranty.

Thank you,
Nelson

Hi Nelson,

The warranty terms are published in the UFX User Manual, which can be downloaded from the downloads page on this site.

The Support page lists every RME international distribution partner for every country. Please contact the RME Distribution partner in your country directly for answers to any further questions you have.

Cheers :-)

best regards,
Blair Francey
Fireface 802/ARC USB; HDSP Multiface x 2; 2023 AMD Windows 10 Custom PC