1 (edited by undertone 2015-01-30 14:57:42)

Topic: Multi-client ASIO & TotalMix 4.x

I've been experiencing a strange problem recently with Multi-Client ASIO with the latest 4.x drivers in W7-64 when running two hosts at once: which host was launched before the other determined if it would work or not.

When it didn't work, the host that wasn't making it to the output showed MIDI and Audio activity on its own indicators. If I closed the working host, the previous non-working host started to work but with excessive latency (250 ms or so). If closed this second host and reversed the original order in which I launched the hosts, they both worked. This happened whether the hosts were 32-bit or 64-bit.

But surprisingly after a reboot because of a system related update, this stopped happening, so a repro is difficult. I will keep an eye on this. I'm wondering if anyone else experienced it.

PC1 = HDSPe PCIe: DF-ADI-8 DS / HDSPe PCIe: MF2
MBP = HDSPe Expresscard: MF1

Re: Multi-client ASIO & TotalMix 4.x

Multiclient ASIO only works when using different outputs in each application. Used outputs in one app needs to be disabled in the other.

That's not true. Since 2011 (driver 3.21) we have support for full multi-client operation.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

4 (edited by undertone 2015-01-31 06:04:16)

Thanks Matthias. I was 90% sure that wasn't the case. Again, the issue hasn't happened again. Not sure what could have caused it...

MC wrote:

That's not true. Since 2011 (driver 3.21) we have support for full multi-client operation.

Oops. Forgot that.

Dandruff wrote:
MC wrote:

Oops. Forgot that.

But thanks for trying to help out anyway. In your defence, the last Digiface manual and original Multiface manuals still say this and probably always will as they're now deprecated hardware. The MF2 manual does mention that multi-client use can use the same hardware channels and can even mix ASIO and WDM.