Topic: USB to ADAT adaptor work with Multiface?

Is there any way this could allow me to connect my Multiface?
http://www.minidsp.com/products/usb-aud … reamer-box
USBStreamer module in an aluminum enclosure. Operates as USB to Toslink (Stereo up to 192k) or USB to ADAT(up to 8channels at 48/44.1kHz)

I just ordered a new laptop Windows 8.1 laptop.
It has USB3 ports
It took all my available $ and but I was still looking for an inexpensive audio interface that would allow at least 4-6 analog inputs (without much luck). I came across a forum talking about this USBStreamer. Originally I connected the multiface to my pcmcia slot,then the next laptop only had express card so I used an express card converter. Now the next laptop has neither. I asked this in a reply to another post but got no comments.
Could this thing work? Thanks

Re: USB to ADAT adaptor work with Multiface?

It can't, because the MF will not work as stand-alone converter unless you program it to do so and then never lose power...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: USB to ADAT adaptor work with Multiface?

MC wrote:

It can't, because the MF will not work as stand-alone converter unless you program it to do so and then never lose power...

Sorry to hear that! However, good to know before ordering it  from abroad. My technical knowledge of how these things work is very basic so what you said is above my level. But that's why I asked here. Thanks for the info.