1 (edited by Andre Pascal 2015-04-18 11:40:58)

Topic: RME HDSP 9652 freezes in windows 8 (32-bit)

I am using the RME HDSP9652 for 11 years now and still happy with the quality of this unit.  Recently i reconfirgured my studio and made the RME the ADAT master (instead of my tascam digital mixer). I use one internal adat card (AES) from RME and two external ADAT converters (Behringer).

Every time i start my windows 8 environment (32-bits) and go to the toalmix panel the RME is freezed. The softwares shows on every channel the overload leds (red). I can change all kinds of settings, so the software isnt frozen. When i look at de DSP settings everything looks fine and i can change the settings but with no use, because there is no sound and i am getting messages from applications using the soundcard that "the audiodriver is not responding".
After restarting the PC most of the time everything is fine. As soon as the PC goes to the idle status and wakesup again the behaviour is the same a written above. Overload on all channels and no sound.

The Hammerfall RME is master on 44khz and the ADAT's are in slave modes. I would like to resolve this anoying behaviour.
Any tips??

regards, Andre

Re: RME HDSP 9652 freezes in windows 8 (32-bit)

Hmmm.....
Nobody answered sofar, which probably means it is not a common problem.
Still no tips???

Your HDSP9652 seems to be of a PCB revision below 1.6 (printed on the board). That one needs a modification to work correctly with PCI bus of computers that are not 11 years old. If so please contact your local distributor.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Your HDSP9652 seems to be of a PCB revision below 1.6 (printed on the board). That one needs a modification to work correctly with PCI bus of computers that are not 11 years old. If so please contact your local distributor.

But i didn't change my computer, didn't reinstall windows. I didn't change anything except i no longer use my tascam digital mixer. I replaced that one with a midimixer.
And after replacing the tascam the RME starts with this bad behaviour. To only thing that changed is that the tascam was the master. Now the RME is the master.

Please provide more details about the PC hardware and check the card's PCB revision.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME