1 (edited by ethan.bowers 2015-06-12 22:32:57)

Topic: Multiface I and Lucid 88192 -- extensive pops and crackles, leakage

I just got a used Lucid 88192 to go with my  RME Multiface I and my aged Mac Pro. The Lucid and Multi are synced by Wordclock, Multi as master. I run ableton.

When I try to record into the Lucid, the pops are overwhelming. Turning on sample rate conversion (SRC) helps a little, even though I am using sources that all have the same sample rate. But SRC causes a noticeable output reduction and to me, a degradation of sound. I am not in SMUX mode. The multi and lucid are connected by ADAT ins/outs. Everything looks ok in the multiface app -- I am not forcing adat to act as SPDIF or anything of the sort.

I have to set the sample size in Ableton to the absolute max, which makes it absolutely unusable from a latency standpoint. As in I can play like The Edge if I sync my guitar strumming to the latency. Novel, but not what I’m looking for. Also, this makes the pops better, but it doesn't fix them entirely. Turning off Wordclock makes a sound like popcorn in the movie theater.

I have also experienced channel leakage -- even if a channel in Ableton is routed to different external outs, I can hear several different DAW channels through the same analog mixer channel.  Master in ableton is set to off, and I route tracks to groups and stems. Each stem goes to a separate set of external outs.

Any suggestions? For the channel leakage, is there something that can be done in TotalMix?

Sorry for submitting this in the wrong forum--I"m not able to correct it.

Thanks so much!