Topic: Vienna Ensemble Pro 5.4.13888 ASIO device didnt start correctly

using Win10x64 latest Patches, Vienna Ensemble Pro 5.4.13888 x64 STANDALONE, Digiface and the RME ASIO HDSP Driver as of today.

Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 can not use the device, it gets the ASIO error message "device didnt start correctly"... (works with all other ASIO Drivers (MOTU 828x, Babyface etc...)

What can I do?

Re: Vienna Ensemble Pro 5.4.13888 ASIO device didnt start correctly

What RME interface?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by TabSel 2015-12-16 10:53:26)

Digiface, as mentioned...
Connected to a HDSP PCI card

Disable all or enable at least one WDM device to see if that makes a difference. Does other software see the Digiface ASIO?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Sorry to intrude on this thread, but it is bearing similarity to my recent problem. Win10x64, latest patches ... giving ASIO issues. I am following this thread with great interest, I am not quite ready to blame everything on Logic Audio just yet.

MC wrote:

Disable all or enable at least one WDM device to see if that makes a difference. Does other software see the Digiface ASIO?

that had no effect at all... I even tried different Settings for MMCSS, Channel Count Limit, Direct Musio MIDI, Optimize MC Mixing etc...

Other DAWs work flawlessly, as far as I can tell... VSL says they havent changed anything in the ASIO Audio engine for a long time... but something must have changed...

Any Chance to trace anything?

Help?

Strange. Suddenly no communication anymore. Neither here, nor over at vsl.co.at http://vsl.co.at/community/posts/t40496 … erfall-DSP

Guys, I cannot use my HDSP Hammerfall Digiface with VEPro5!

What might be wrong here. I'd do anything to help you help me!

Still no Solution. Please I Need your help

Any further ideas?

still doesn't work with 4.14

Please, any help?

I don't have Vienna nor have seen such a problem before. If I would be you I'd grab an empty hard drive, install Windows, then Vienna and the HDSP driver to check that already this combination without any other stuff influencing it is showing the problem. And if there is no problem then you could continue to check what on your current installation is interfering.

Just in case: you installed an ASIO server lately? Required sometimes for DSD playback. That one prevented Sonar from starting on my machine - everything else worked like before. I expect something like this happened on your installation too, you just need to remember or find out what you did...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME