Topic: 9636/52

Hello, everyone, happy holidays, I'm new to the forum.  Can anyone help me with a problem I'm having problems installing the 9636
I would like to use a universal slot 3.3v/5v, (32 bit)yet when I attempt to start computer, the computer does not enter startup mode, is this common? Dell T5400, (2) Quad, 3.0GHZ, 10GB Ram, Windows 7, 32bit, SP1.  The computer is capable of 64bit, but all I have is 32bit.
I would like to install two 9636 and have 32 channels of input and output.

Now that I have your attention, part 2.
I have a digiface and if I can use 2 (9636), can I route adat signal to/from Digiface and use the audio output on the Digiface as stereo input on a mixer? Can I use the Digiface as a analog to adat converter?

Or should I use the HDSP pci card (audio wire) system, is it possible to use the 9636 with the HDSP card? I have the card, and its installed.
If possible can I use 32bit as playback and record?
Any help would be appreciated.

Re: 9636/52

> when I attempt to start computer, the computer does not enter startup mode

What does that mean exactly?

You might have incompatible 9636 cards that will not work in that motherboard.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

When I push the on button, to turn on the computer, it doesn't advance from that point, the lights on front panel, flashes.

> You might have incompatible 9636 cards that will not work in that motherboard.

QED. Many years ago it was possible to send the boards in for modification, but these days I think the mod exceeds the value of the boards...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

JRR Shop has RME Eproms, is this the correct version W36-2 Eprom: M36 board, 1.5 or up? $29.00, what is the install procedure?
JRRshop.com

The EPROM is not the problem. It is this one:

http://www.rme-audio.de/en/support/faq/ … _alarm.php

Note the date mentioned...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME