1 (edited by rene74 2016-06-02 12:12:06)

Topic: rme hdsp 9632 input routing

Hello,

Just bought a rme hdsp 9632 pci, runs with debian jessie system.
Audacity records 12 channels, with ch 11, and ch12 being the main input channels, instead of 1 and 2
If i record only input 1,2 there is no input
How can i change the routing and deactivate everything but input  and output 1,2.
Only 2 analog inputs are needed to work in Audacity. This multichannel setup makes no sense for me as I only want to use two analog ins and outs.

Alsa tools should be setup correctly, card works fine with ubuntu, do  not want to use jack.
Have seen a former post with the same problem with no acceptable solution which was to route over pulseaudio and jack
so i asssume this is a common phenomen

thxs for advice

Re: rme hdsp 9632 input routing

That was a tough nut, but actually, in the end it is all that simple. A blog post by Mike McQuaid brought the solution to this problem.

Just create an .asoundrc File in you home directory (or add to it if it is already there) and put the following code in it:

pcm.studiorecording {
    type plug
    slave.pcm "hw:0,0"
    slave.channels 12
    ttable.0.10 1
    ttable.1.11 1
    ttable.10.0 1
    ttable.11.1 1
}

Then you'll have a separate "studiorecourding" source in the ALSA sources in Audacity.

Alternatively one should be able to also put the code into the /etc/asoundrc to have it configured for the whole system. But that didn't work for me when I tested it earlier. But I also didn't try hard after I already found a solution that worked wink

Re: rme hdsp 9632 input routing

jackie wrote:

Alternatively one should be able to also put the code into the /etc/asoundrc to have it configured for the whole system. But that didn't work for me when I tested it earlier. But I also didn't try hard after I already found a solution that worked wink

Yes it does work, but you have to use

/etc/asound.conf

as config file. A lot of helpful details on the ALSA config files can be found in the ALSA wiki: http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Asoundrc