1 (edited by esaruoho 2016-07-14 21:15:08)

Topic: Multiface/HDSP PCMCIA - Can't get to work with W2000 or WXP?

I am having a really weird issue. I have recently been given a laptop for free with the PCMCIA slot. It had Windows XP, but when I installed the regular WXP Hammerfall DSP Multiface PCMCIA drivers, it started giving me a full-on blue-screen-of-death crash. This crash only vanishes if I uninstall the drivers.

I have tried w2dsp_294 and w2dsp_283, but one or the other does not actually show any devices that i could select, and when i install the other, xp crashes. (i think it was the 294 that gave the "microsoft unsigned, are you sure?" then after installing, windows started crashing every time).

so yesterday i thought, i'll install win2000 to this machine too, and see if a previous driver would work. Again, when installing the driver, it says HDSP Multiface a-ok, but when I boot up to Win2000 with the driver, blue screen of death.

What exactly should I do, please? I am only plugging the Hammerfall PCMCIA HDSP card into the laptop, not connecting it to the Multiface. Should I connect it to the Multiface and then run the drivers, or what?

"0x0000001e 0xc0000005 0xbfe535af 0x00000001 0x00000040 kmode_exception_not_handled"

The device I'm trying to get to work with the Hammerfall HDSP PCMCIA Multiface thingo is a HP Omnibook xe4100.

RME Fireface UCX (macOS Mojave, Mid-2015 MBP)<-in use
RME Multiface (XP, PCG-GRX690) <-in a closet