Topic: problem with Midiremote and Octamic XTC, ADI648 in a MADI chain

I have problems with the Midiremote software.
I tried different setups:

1. Octamic XTC-> Laptop with Madiface ->ADI648 (with additional Micpres connected) -> Octamic XTC
neither Midiremote nor Totalmix control work

2. Octamic XTC-> ADI648 (with additional Micpres connected) ->  Laptop with Madiface ->Octamic XTC
Midiremote does not work, Totalmix control works

3. Connecting the Octamic with MADI in/out directly to the Madiface:
Midiremote works, controlling the Octamic via Totalmix as well.

I do not like controlling the Octamic with Totalmix, because as soon as I enable the Aux device in Totalmix settings, it overwrites the current settings of the Octamic. (I may consider this a bug.)

It seems the ADI is not letting the Midi signals pass, Midiremote needs bidirectional Midi, and Totalmix is ok with only sending Midi. Is there a way around this? My favourite setup would be Nr.1, because then I could use Octamics recording possibility as backup.

Thanks for any help
Georg

Re: problem with Midiremote and Octamic XTC, ADI648 in a MADI chain

I figured it out.
I connected a Midi Patchcable on the ADI648. Now the Midi stays in the MADI stream.

The bug I mentioned stays the same (all settings of Octamic are lost when switching on Totalmix control). Tried it with Totalmix 1.4 beta2.

Georg

Re: problem with Midiremote and Octamic XTC, ADI648 in a MADI chain

georgob wrote:

The bug I mentioned stays the same (all settings of Octamic are lost when switching on Totalmix control). Tried it with Totalmix 1.4 beta2.

Georg

Have RME responded to this particular bug?

I've heard of similar issues when remote controlling the XTC.

My worry would be accidentally re-setting Totalmix and setting off feedback in a talkback speaker...

Eastwood Records
www.eastwoodrecords.co.uk