Topic: Fireface UC not recognized at startup on new Macbook Pro (Touchbar)

when i start up my MBP it does not recognize the Fireface UC. when i switch the Fireface off and then on again it works. this is quite annoying. any way to fix that?
i am using the macOS sierra beta drivers 2.19(2) on Sierra 10.12.1

best
joerg

2 (edited by Jean-Michel 2016-12-01 16:24:14)

Re: Fireface UC not recognized at startup on new Macbook Pro (Touchbar)

I have the same issue. I can't use my UFX with an USB-C to USB-B cable.
http://sgcdn.startech.com/005329/media/pages/university/usb3/USB_A_to_B.jpg

But when I use an USB-C to USB-A adaptor, there are two situations :
- if I first plug the UFX in the adaptor cable, and then the adaptor in the MacBook Pro's USB-C socket, the UFX is ignored
- if I first plug the adaptor in the MacBook Pro's USB-C socket, and then the USB-A cable from the UFX in the adaptor, it works !

But that make me nervous...

My OS is Sierra 10.12.1

Update : if i use an USB-C to USB-B cable, and if I plug the MacBook Pro first, it works. Very strange...

Thanks for the reports. But I also have to point out that whatever happens it will not be changed by us (driver/firmware). This is basic USB functionality going wrong that has to be improved/fixed by Apple/Intel.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

It's obvious Matthias.

6 (edited by Helmut Crab 2017-03-05 18:50:35)

MC wrote:

Thanks for the reports. But I also have to point out that whatever happens it will not be changed by us (driver/firmware). This is basic USB functionality going wrong that has to be improved/fixed by Apple/Intel.

Hi Matthias and co.

Is this only happening with non apple adapters ?

Just wondering if RME have informed apple of this issue please ? i'm sure it will have more weight coming from a professional usb interface manufacturer.

Do you know if this is a hardware issue only resolved by an apple redesign or a software one ?

It seems to be a big oversight to release a £2.3 K + computer and have basic errors of functionality on the only interface ports now implemented ( 4 x usb-c ).

cheers