Topic: New ADI-2 pro not playing any audio

I received the ADI-2 pro yesterday. Sadly, it doesn't output any sound.

When connecting it with USB it goes into usb-mode, my mac also recognizes it, the RME displays the correct sample rate, firmware update is no problem,... the overview on the unit shows no errors. Yet it's not possible to make this thing output any sound. I know that plugging in headphones by default mutes the main outputs, so that's not it.

The only way to make the input level meters show any signal is when I connect it with a coax cable (but still nothing can be heard from the outputs). When I plug in something in the analog inputs, the unit correctly goes into preamp mode... but again no input is detected by the level meters.

I've tried 2 different computers, multiple usb cables and ports, went back to factory settings a few times,... nothing.
It seems like a got a faulty unit, but I want to be sure about it before I send it back for a refund.

Any thoughts? Thank you.

Re: New ADI-2 pro not playing any audio

is the driver is installed correctly?

when i got my unit a few weeks ago the first driver install failed for some reason!
even after i powered off my computer the MADIface driver icon did not show up in the windows task bar,
at this point i also had no sound. i simpy reinstalled the driver, restarted my PC and the driver icon showed up,
just as the unit was playing back sound.

I'm using a mac, so no driver needed.

Looks like a faulty unit. Simply exchange it.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME