Topic: ADAT inputs issue on digiface

Hi all,

I've got a problem with ADAT input 2 and (sometimes) 3 of my digiface which is not able to sync. The problem started long ago but usually after some time (30 minutes, 1h), it suddenly synced. But yesterday, it never did. I double checked by putting the light pipe (one at the time) into my RME Fireface UC and this immediately synced. WC out of digiface went to WC in of te Fireface UC and all ADAT devices are connected to a WC generator. this setup has been working for years so I'm afraid it might be a hardware issues. Has anyone had this problem or a maybe an idea what I could check?

Best regards,

Guy

Re: ADAT inputs issue on digiface

Seem to have the same problem here. Digiface, ADAT input 2 just died. The others connect really easily, even with the cables half out but this one might connect for half a minute if the cable is held just right and pushed right against the port. Seems like the TORX173 optical receiver is dying. Gave it some compressed air and new cables, still no luck. The component is on a small removable board. Would RME sell the "RME Hammerfall DSP Digiface Connector Board" separately I wonder? Sure would help both of us out if they did.

Regards,

Laura

Spare parts for the Digiface are no longer available. But the Toslink should be available everywhere, either the original or a pin-identical replacement.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Laura,

I was able to buy a second hand unit which costed me less than half the price that the service technician was going to charge me. I have just replaced the unit but I could try to swap the "RME Hammerfall DSP Digiface Connector Board" and if this works, replace the toslink of the broken unit.

Best regards,
Guy