1 (edited by ramses 2017-02-13 17:12:45)

Topic: TotalMix FX - First setup in a few steps

Hi,

as questions popped up repeatedly, how to setup TotalMix FX, to get something out on monitors or speakers,
I wrote a little guide for the "impatient" ... to guide them through the 1st steps of setup.

Its available in German and English:

http://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/inde … teps-DE-E/

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: TotalMix FX - First setup in a few steps

Thank you for posting this. I'm now starting to get a grasp of this software.

The RME tutorial videos are also very helpful.
http://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/inde … al-Videos/

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Ramses, you deserve much credit for the effort in compiling all of this information.  I might say some instructors have a method of teaching that some people find very difficult to understand and comprehend for any valued use.   Despite the well detailed data within the owners manual,I do not seem to get it.  Your presentation of the similar materials allowed me to get my uFX+ up and running with function and form similarly defined in the manual. 

My high school geometry teacher just passed over all the basics and with 3 weeks I was lost and uncaring,  there was no way I can even catch up to some of the others who might had understood the course.  Took the same course with a new instructor and made it through significantly better.

My UFX+ is up and running well despite that I am not pushing it through some of its major capabilities yet.  Point being, it is working for me and my recordings are getting better and better... my gypsy jazz recordings are coming out great.  Funny that a multi-track tape machine could keep up with my present tracks but this is where it gets good.    Now I can edit and insert and change enough to make the track really begin to sound sweet

My jazz band sessions come along fine since all are seasoned players and with 4-6 mics bringing signal in, amazing result and they can benefit for editing. 

This assembly of setup instruction will eventually transform into a skill set for better understanding the true operation of the device but going about it in a different way.  Net result is that the unit is working, doing its thing and making me,the customer, happy with the purchase.   Far cry from an engineer on my end but I’ve learned how to play guitar 55 years ago....that part I have down pretty good

I spend much more time now re-listening to tracks and automating the fader output to bland and balance the music...and I’m loving the output.  More equipment may be on the horizon as the sessions grow....this makes it better for RME since my expansion will grow along with my equipment

All in all. I have to express my gratitude to you for the spoon feeding that you had taken the time to develop.....always. A fan___Al

Babyface Pro, UFX+ via Thunderbolt, Win 10, Cubase 9.5 Pro, Asus Z270 i7700k Guitarist-1961

Thanks very kind from you Al and I am glad that my information helped you wink