Topic: [Solved] TotalMix FX and ARC USB for ADI-2 Pro by adding RayDAT
I think yes .. pls look at this drawing. Would be nice if RME could confirm that.
If you put ADI-2 Pro into AD/DA Converter Mode, then it copies all from Digital IN to Digital OUT and vice versa.
Once you have AD/DA Converter Mode set, then its possible to configure the Inputs
for Analog Out 1/2 (i.e. Speaker) and 3/4 (i.e. Phones):
- Analog Out 1/2 (Speaker) shall get Signal from AES
- Analog Out 3/4 (Phones) shall get Signal from SPDIF
The RayDAT card has a breakout cable, and internally (from routing perspective) these are 2 different channels.
As the RayDAT has support for TotalMix FX the ARC USB can be connected to the PC and control the solution via the RayDAT card.
You can assign
- Main Out to AES (Speaker)
- Main Out B to SPDIF (Phones)
and by this use all the nice Functionalities of control room of TotalMix FX or control it via the ARC USB.
OK, this is an integration in the price range of around €585 + €169,
but on the other hand this solution enables you also to expand your system
with 4 ADAT INs (32 channels) and 4 ADAT OUTs (32 channels) = 64 additional channels @44.1/48.
I think this is a very nice way to build your own modular "recording interface" with a merger of
- state of the art D/A and A/D conversion (where the ADI-2 Pro could also be used "solo" or mobile
- extend the capability of ADI-2 Pro with RayDAT / TotalMix FX in Front of it
- pimp all up using additionally ARC USB
- make all nicely expandable by having i.e. 1-4 RME Octamic XTC connected
to deliver additional 8-32 High Quality Preamps (or Line and Instr inputs on demand)
as well as using XTCs capabilities to perform format conversion, etc etc
X10SRi-F, E5-1650v4, Win10 Pro 2004, Cubase 10.5.20, UFX+, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, ARC USB