Topic: Adi8pro psu

Hello!
my 4 beloved adi8 pro branded neundo are failing. :-( I had them for many years and they are great. Ghosting leds when I unplug them, all four. . . What a coincidence! I contacted the brilliant Daniel Fuchs and he said it may be the psu's. Anybody can tell me please where I can buy the 4 psu to replace? I don't want to wait till they fail completely while we are in session and I don't have time to check all the caps. Thank you for your help.
Kind regards, Stefan

Re: Adi8pro psu

Call Synthax GmbH.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by gesundheit 2017-05-03 16:49:09)

MC wrote:

Call Synthax GmbH.

Thank you Matthias. An honor to receive a response from the top! Is there a reason that all 4 leds started ghosting at the same time? Is led ghosting normal? They are all connected to a regulated power supply with isolated transformers. . . Also it is the 48k version. Maybe 6056x will work?. . . or better I just replace the caps?

mfg, Stefan

PS. I am in the States

In the States, please contact Synthax US, www.synthax.com

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I don't know what you mean with 'ghosting'. Please describe this in more detail. And what exactly is the problem here? I mean who cares what they do unplugged - they are used plugged...

The ps failing in such an old device is not surprising, but 4 units at the exact same time seems impossible. As you are in the states you might want to give Jeff a call.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

6 (edited by gesundheit 2017-05-05 22:26:16)

MC wrote:

I don't know what you mean with 'ghosting'. Please describe this in more detail. And what exactly is the problem here? I mean who cares what they do unplugged - they are used plugged...

The ps failing in such an old device is not surprising, but 4 units at the exact same time seems impossible. As you are in the states you might want to give Jeff a call.

Leds are still lighting up when they are unplugged. On all four units when the iec plugs are unplugged completely and the units are turned off, most of the leds are still lit up as if the unit is still on. After 2 weeks being completely unplugged, 2 of the converters leds finally turned off. 2 are still on after 2 weeks. If you want I can email you a photo.
mfg, Stefan

You just removed the power chord - or all cables? Try that. The internal caps are not big enough to let LEDs shine for more than a minute.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

You just removed the power chord - or all cables? Try that. The internal caps are not big enough to let LEDs shine for more than a minute.

I did that. One of the converters lights is still on after nearly 3 weeks. The 3rd converter led lights turned off yesterday. 4th one still has majority of lights burning bright. 2 converters stayed on for 2 weeks. I am completely sober. :-) Nothing plugged in. Removed power cord, all cables.

mfg, Stefan

Ok, but is this the only phenomenon? Is audio still working?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

10 (edited by gesundheit 2017-05-30 13:51:54)

MC wrote:

Ok, but is this the only phenomenon? Is audio still working?

Checked out the audio and it seems to be working. Still the led lights on the front panels glow bright after the units are powered off.
One unit took 3 weeks for some of the lights to go out when unplugged. Surely this must be a bad omen for the future health of these converters. . . :-(

11 (edited by vinark 2017-05-30 15:28:07)

If you open up one of the glowing ADI's you can disconnect the molex plug comming from the PSU. That should immediately dim the leds. If not....that would be spooky. If that works still strange with all 4 ADI's

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

vinark wrote:

If you open up one of the glowing ADI's you can disconnect the molex plug comming from the PSU. That should immediately dim the leds. If not....that would be spooky. If that works still strange with all 4 ADI's

Thank you I will try that. Spooky is a good word for this. There are a lot of little lights in the studio and these are the only ones that have this phenomenon.