Topic: RME UFX - Bugging out when powering up this morning.

Hey all,

So, had the UFX for about 5 years. Powered up today and was met with a rapidly flashing LCD screen and all 10 State lights flashing. No audio passing though the unit, and completely unresponsive.

Unplugged all cables, tried a factory reset, changed power cables, etc. but seems the machine was just completely bugging out.

Luckily, after about 15 minutes of powering on and off, it booted up.

Although it is now working, I'm thinking I should maybe consider bringing it in for servicing - do not want it dying like that in the middle of a session. And from experience, when a unit does something that unusual (1st time ever) it's a sign of more problems to come.)

Has anyone experienced this behavior on the device before? Essentially the whole machine looks like it is having a seizure - lights flashing, LCD flashing, no audio passing through. Perhaps it's something others have encoutered in relatively older units.

Thanks for any info!

Re: RME UFX - Bugging out when powering up this morning.

Sounds like the power supply is starting to fail, you should get it in for a check up.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hey Jeff - that's what I was thinking as well. Definitely taking it in. Thanks for the reply.

Hey Jeff - I was curious - after opening the case to have a look there are indeed some bulging caps on the PSU board. Would simply buying a new PSU board be a better idea?

Noticed that Synthax sells the RME-PSU-6308X, and RME Shop sells the RME-NT-RME4. Both of these are cheaper than the quote I got for what is most likely (as the shop said) them ordering the same part and swapping it out.

Curious if swapping out the board is a common solution.

heard that the power supply occasionally fails; mine died, sent it in and got it repaired without costs, and LoL: no remarks on the return slip other than that it was fixed ....