1 (edited by ramses 2017-05-14 20:25:24)

Topic: ARC USB / Display of Volume on device

Hi,

would it be possible to display Volume changes of i.e. connected UFX+ also
when ARC USB is connected to the PC or does this produce too much
communication on the USB bus ?

I can connect the ARC USB directly to the UFX+, but having one long cable
less between PC and UFX+ would be nice.

See also this request: https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/post.php?fid=19

Many thanks !

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: ARC USB / Display of Volume on device

USB can handle that kind of communication for sure... smile

A very happy RME UFX+ & ARC owner smile

Sure, as it does that already now (look at your display, lower Status Bar). We have put this feature on our list for the next TM FX version.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thats very kind from you many thanks Matthias :-)

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

5 (edited by ramses 2017-05-15 18:04:19)

Ach jetzt sehe ich erst was Du meinst .. ich bin Brillenträger lol, jetzt erst gesehen und Stand "auf der Leitung" :-)

Wenn das noch in groß auf dem Display käme, das wäre ja super !

MC wrote:

Sure, as it does that already now (look at your display, lower Status Bar). We have put this feature on our list for the next TM FX version.

Hello, it is possible see this volume changes with ARC USB connected with PC with RME UCX? Thanks

Matteo Candura
*Songwriter*Producer*Remixer*Musician*Artist*

Matteo Candura

It has already been answered, see post #3.

Also in my ucx i see in the display the volume change but only what i have manually selected by ucx wheel, if i change the volume of another output the display does not switches. It is this in your list of next TMFX version?
Thanks.

Matteo Candura

I expect this change to be global. Also there will be no difference between Mackie remote, OSC, or the TM FX fader, as there is no such differentiation possible. Any of these will call up the volume screen, not only the ARC USB.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Are there any updates on this feature? Is it still being developed? I would really love to see a pop-up with the volume when using the ARC USB because it's nearly impossible to read the small numbers when the UFX does not stand right in front of you.

We have no plans to add a software pop-up window. The display change has been added via firmware.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for your answer! You are right that the feature has been added to the UFX+ firmware (that's exactly what I meant with a 'pop-up' on the screen of the device). It would be really awesome to see the same firmware addition to the original UFX!

MeyerAudio wrote:

It would be really awesome to see the same firmware addition to the original UFX!

I'll second this. I just purchased an ARC USB for my UFX (original) and if only the volume display would update on the hardware, it would be perfect.