Topic: Constant drop outs and usb errors with UFX+

hello i bought a ufx +

Plugged via usb 3.

My machine is an HPz800 workstation Dual xeon  ( plenty of power)

It was working fine for the first day and then it started showing dropouts!!

I check with lantency mon and others softs and there s no spikes. There was a message concerning a pagefile acces though...

I tried lots of things already. The power on the computer is set to Max,.. i use a dedicated pcie2 usb 3 card  ( and only the ufx + is plugged in there i leave the other ports empty to make sure there s no conflicts), i have plenty of ram...

I dont know what to do, its very frustrating.

Please some suggestions?

thank you

L.

2 (edited by ramses 2017-05-19 05:45:11)

Re: Constant drop outs and usb errors with UFX+

What Operating system are you talking about ? Which release ?
What chipset on the mainboard ? See section about USB3 and chipsets.
What firmware / driver version of UFX+? Latest ?
How long is your USB3 cable ? Try another cable. Use quality cables.
What errors ? Do you mean Error counters in the driver settings dialog ?
Did you try all USB3 ports already, there might be differences.
Did you disable everything in terms of energy saving on your PC ?
Did you disable not required hardware (internal sound) in the BIOS?
Which other USB peripheral do you have connected?
Can you minimize it to only mouse, keyboard UFX+ and then play a little which of those ports you use ?
Try all USB3 ports for UFX+ and use different for mouse and keyboard.
Try UFX+ on another PC for comparison if possible.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

What graphic-card option? If it's NVidia then it might suffer from the same issues that X99 + NVidia seem to suffer from.

Does USB 2 mode on the UFX+ work?

hi guys thanks for the replies!  ok so i ll answer the questions asked :

I tried usb 2 and the ufx+ isnt even recognized. It is in total mix but not by windows... go figure.

Yes the graphic s card is nvidia (gtx) BUT was working fine for a day like i said.

Operating system is windows 8.1 x64 (no updates done)

total mix is V 1.42

motherboard chipset :    Intel 5520

Firmware and drivers are the latest downloaded straight from RME website. toal mix 1.42, drivers madiface series: 0.9610

Usb cable is the one that came with the unit ( about 3-4 ft) i didnt try other cables yet i figured a new one from rme should do it ( plus was working fine for a day)

Errors i do get are also in the settings of the madiface, usb diagnotics IS NOT giving me  0,0,0  but random numbers as the audio drops. Yes i do mean those ( but the error i also mentioned came from latencyMon which stated a potentially problematic pagefile access (drive read access that can result in latency). But i never had any trouble with my old mbox3 so...

I tried all 3sb ports on the pcie card ( X4 ) result is still the same errors and dropouts.

Yes the settings of the computer is set to max energy ( no energy saving settings here )

Yes i disabled the speakers from the z800 workstation already in the bios, problem still persist.

I have quite a bit of usb peripherals that are connected, such as external hard drives, usb midi keyboards, mouse and keyboard.

I will try removing all unnecessary usbs leaving just the ufx + and report later.

I do not have access to another pc at the moment sadly.

Thank you again for the help it is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

L.

I do have an RME raydat ( i m waiting for my tosslinks to arrive to the plugin the ufx+ with it). Do you guys think i ll get better results than with usb3?

I bought both at the same time thinking if usb3 is enough i ll just sell the raydat, but now im thinking there might be an actual use for it!!

Whats faster, usb 3? or tosslink?

Thanks a lot!

L.

Updates: ok so i unplugged all the other usb devices except mouse and keyboard...and tried a new usb 3 cable.

different usb 3 cable = same dropouts

tried different ports on the pcie card again = same dropouts

tried in usb 2 ports  again = same  unrecognized device

so i guess it aint the cable, suggestions?

thanks 

L

> I tried usb 2 and the ufx+ isnt even recognized. It is in total mix but not by windows.

That is impossible. The UFX+ must be present in the Device Manager for TM FX to be able to see it. I think you refer to missing WDM devices which you have to enable first in the UFX+ Settings dialog.

It might also help to pre-set the matching interface mode in the SETUP/Hardware&Diagnostics section on the unit's display, with USB unconnected.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

thanks for the suggestion, but didnt do anything.

still searching, its getting quite frustrating

9 (edited by louism.nexus 2017-05-20 03:48:43)

why do i get so many errors in usb diagnostics? they seem to appear as dropouts occur, ... i think this is more the route to investigate no?

I wrote RME already but i have no help or any response from them, where s the costumer s support??

thanks

In the weekend...

Apart from that errors as you describe are a clear indication the problem is your computer, not our interface. We have many threads about such effects which might give useful info and help.

But I also have to point out that you are most probably the only user with such a computer/chipset, and that over the years we saw surprising compatibility issues with server-based computers. You might end up with an issue that is not fixable at all, as it would require a new BIOS, new drivers etc from HP.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

11 (edited by louism.nexus 2017-05-20 14:25:50)

Hello thanks for the replies.

I contacted support in the middle of the week not on the weekend... not a single email back for 3 days. Thats sloooowww and still nothing.

I highly doubt that im the only user with a workstation (as the word indicates.... a workstation is to "work" and im sure professional use powerfull machines as well to "work".)

Its easy to just blame the computer randomly (dont get me wrong thank you for trying to help but such a comment doesnt really point to anything helping solve anything).

How can a reputable company such as rme overlook workstation servers?? That would really really surprise me from a 4k interface. And wouldnt make any sense.

And it still doesnt explain why things worked fine for a day then after few old audio drivers uninstall (mbox3 and Nvidia HD audio) and a reboot ..... total chaos. I tried reinstalling those old drivers afterwards hoping it would fix it but no go.

I did try another usb 3 cable and did the same thing.

I switched from avid to rme to "ramp up" ....but now cant produce anything..... hell i cant even listen to you tube or win amp....if i wanted to troubleshoot i would have bought a 400$ focusrite not an rme (i thought  they re famous drivers we re rock solid......but right now it is not what im experiencing and from my google research seems like ALOT of people are experiencing dropouts with the ufx). Im not a professional engineer but ive been producing music for many years and my computer can handle audio production very well (and is optimized).

Anyways ill probably do a clean install over the week end and waste even more time trying to make it work.... huge dissapointment  rme has been for me so far (aside when it worked.... it worked BRILLIANTt and the sound was actually AMAZING.... WHEN IT WORKED....)

still searching....hoping

Ps: I know i sound bitchy but im not just tired and frustrated of all the bugs after shelling out on a 4k unit thats basicly a brick....for now

thanks for all the help

12 (edited by louism.nexus 2017-05-20 14:47:05)

So i disconnected my raydat as well to only work with the ufx+ and now the usb device in the pcie card isnt even recognized?? i ordered a new pcie card that i should get today, im hoping its a failing card issue and not the ufx interface (fingers crossed).

What a journey this is lol, i guess laugh is all that i can do and keep trying.

If you guys have any suggestions please do comment.

Ok so i found an older pcie usb 3 card. Plugged it and guess what DING!!!

well i wont talk too fast you never know, but so far ALOT less dropouts!!!! my god finally.... i only experience two small dropouts in 30 minutes which is HUGE improvement compare to previous performance.

Let me apologize to rme ( didnt mean to bash on the ufx while it seems like it was another failing hardware issue)

It still doesnt explain why the ufx shows up in the device manager but not in the playback devices when plugged through usb 2.

But anyways, doesnt matter i dont care for usb2 as long  as i got the 3.0 working.

Again, thanks for the help and participation. Guys if you get dropouts check your pcie cards up, might be the issue like me, get a high quality one of course.

cheers!

now on to making music (fingers crossed)...

L.

Concerning your USB 2 mode experience: If the driver fails to allocate the necessary bandwidth you usually get a message telling you so, but sometimes this message is not displayed by Windows. In these cases you can still use TMFX, but not make use of audio.

I mentioned that this could be the same problem that X99 boards are experiencing in combination with NVidia graphics. You can find out about that switching to the "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" driver via Device-Manager -> Display adapter -> right-click on Nvidia adapter -> Update driver -> Browse my computer... -> Let me pick... -> "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter".

The problem is a mixture of graphics card (hardware acceleration of various functions, such as mouse pointer and video), BIOS, Windows and software. Depending on the software you need one or more of the following workarounds:

- Disable the hardware acceleration of the mouse pointer. Control Panel -> Mouse -> Pointer options -> Display pointer trails. If this helps then there also is a Registry hack that disabled acceleration without showing trails.

This may be generally unnecessary if you switch off in the BIOS xHCI handoff, there have been conflicting reports with different software being used. This is true only for the Intel ports (+ whatever internal hub), not any Asmedia/Renesas/whatever based ports. The latter still require the workaround.

Important: Switching off the xHCI (USB 3) handoff and pointer trail workaround can also help with performance of the USB 2 mode, but it will not solve a general bandwidth issue.

- Prohibiting the graphics card from down-clocking (energy saving). In the NVidia driver, you set "Maximum Performance". NVidia Control Panel -> Manage 3D Settings -> Power Management Mode -> "Maximum Performance".

You can either set this on the Global tab, or better change this on the Program Settings tab for only those programs where you experience issues that are not solved by the mouse pointer/xHCI hand-off workarounds.

Switching to an ATI card can also be a solution, Vega is coming soon.

> It still doesnt explain why the ufx shows up in the device manager but not in the playback devices when plugged through usb 2.

You need to read the manual, and my post above again: 'I think you refer to missing WDM devices which you have to enable first in the UFX+ Settings dialog.' Did you do so or is it still on 0?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

16 (edited by ramses 2017-05-21 06:50:49)

louism.nexus wrote:

I do have an RME raydat ( i m waiting for my tosslinks to arrive to the plugin the ufx+ with it). Do you guys think i ll get better results than with usb3?

I bought both at the same time thinking if usb3 is enough i ll just sell the raydat, but now im thinking there might be an actual use for it!!

Whats faster, usb 3? or tosslink?

Thanks a lot!

L.

All USB and FW driver work very close to PCIe performance, you don't have to worry about that.

http://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/inde … 8-RME-UFX/

http://www.tonstudio-forum.de/index.php/Attachment/1931-UFX-UFX-RayDAT-Latencies-jpg/

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

And just to mention it: Could well be that the BIOS on that HP doesn't work nicely.

If you need a well tested setup, take this:

http://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/inde … mponenten/

http://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/inde … cks-de-en/

After setting it up, I spend 2+ years to optimize things even further.
Be it Driver, BIOS, Blowers, cpu cooler, FW400 / USB3 additional Interface Card.

I have the same problems with an UFX ii, running Win10 64bit.

Some times pulsating audio, and not always. Tend to think the (pulsating) sound is a little distorted when this happens.

ASUS X99 PRO USB 3.1 motherboard; all updated, Motherboard BIOS, chipset, Asmedia USB & firmware latest version.

Tried different USB cables, different ports. Un- and replugging the USB cable resolves it for a while, and sometimes the UFX ii works OK for quite a while. WITH THE SAME CABLES and setup my old UFX works fine with USB, alas not with Firewire.

Are there any motherboard USB settings to adjust maybe? Or does the UFX ii (and +) drivers and or firmware suck?

I tend to give up and send the UFX ii back to RME as i cannot work (professionally) with it and am about to reinstall my old UFX .... F

20 (edited by fiddler2007 2017-05-21 20:26:28)

I have the same problems with an UFX ii, running Win10 64bit.

Some times pulsating audio, and not always. Tend to think the (pulsating) sound is a little distorted when this happens.

ASUS X99 PRO USB 3.1 motherboard; all updated, Motherboard BIOS, chipset, Asmedia USB & firmware latest version.

Tried different USB cables, different ports. Un- and replugging the USB cable resolves it for a while, and sometimes the UFX ii works OK for quite a while. WITH THE SAME CABLES and setup my old UFX works fine with USB, alas not with Firewire.

Are there any motherboard USB settings to adjust maybe? Or does the UFX ii (and +) drivers and or firmware suck?

I tend to give up and send the UFX ii back to RME as i cannot work (professionally) with it and am about to reinstall my old UFX .... F

ADDED info: PS just found a later version of the ASMedia host controller meant for another x99 chipset ASUS mainboard, and especially Windows 10 was mentioned; seems to work and am testing it now ...

The UFX+ handbook mentions in regards to USB3, that ASMEDIA is not compatible, page 113.
Possibly also for USB2.
I would use an USB2 port coming from the chipset.

Asmedia 3.1 controller should be mostly fine, albeit not necessarily perfect. After my workarounds on the X99-A II even the Asmedia USB 3.0 hub ports were usable, which is quite remarkable.

The Asmedia hub/ports in my LG monitor are completely unusable for audio, no matter what one changes in the computer...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

24 (edited by fiddler2007 2017-05-23 13:43:24)

Well, thanks for all the tips and reactions guys, but right now i have the same problems again, USB 2.0 port and direct motherboard connector. It sucks, i really get fed-up with this. UFX ii and USB 2.0, 3.0, windows 10 64 bit, with or without ASMedia connection .... a Q for RME: any updates for drivers and firmware planned ??????????

I think i should go back to windows 7 maybe, and really "look forward" to all the work involved. Or get a different brand audio interface LoL. - F

25 (edited by ramses 2017-05-22 21:08:51)

I would go back to Win7 for several reasons, as Win10 is too much of a moving target.
I present a turnkey solution since long in another forum, this stuff works.
Not tested with UFX II but I am pretty much convinced that there wont be any errors like with UFX or UFX+.

You had several times bad luck with PC consumer technology. But you only replaced tbh one shit against
another potential one. As all is untested and bad things can happen in many areas (BIOS, mainboard design / layout, combination of HW) ...

Get proven hardware as sometimes one can have bad luck...

I see no merit in pointing too much into RMEs direction. If their stuff would run so bad for the majority
of customers this company wouldnt be there where it is.

You simply have to accept, that there are reasons why some companies are successful in the market and offer Audio and Video turnkey systems with tested and proven hardware, i.e. Xi-machines.

Sorry for the bad news, but thats life in the PC business .. much freedom but you take the responsible part for the HW.
But with Apple its not much better. Sometimes their HW sucks as well. And if its not the HW then they change smth in the code wink

26 (edited by fiddler2007 2017-05-24 16:14:28)

Timur Born wrote:

Concerning your USB 2 mode experience: If the driver fails to allocate the necessary bandwidth you usually get a message telling you so, but sometimes this message is not displayed by Windows. In these cases you can still use TMFX, but not make use of audio.

I mentioned that this could be the same problem that X99 boards are experiencing in combination with NVidia graphics. You can find out about that switching to the "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" driver via Device-Manager -> Display adapter -> right-click on Nvidia adapter -> Update driver -> Browse my computer... -> Let me pick... -> "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter".

The problem is a mixture of graphics card (hardware acceleration of various functions, such as mouse pointer and video), BIOS, Windows and software. Depending on the software you need one or more of the following workarounds:

- Disable the hardware acceleration of the mouse pointer. Control Panel -> Mouse -> Pointer options -> Display pointer trails. If this helps then there also is a Registry hack that disabled acceleration without showing trails.

This may be generally unnecessary if you switch off in the BIOS xHCI handoff, there have been conflicting reports with different software being used. This is true only for the Intel ports (+ whatever internal hub), not any Asmedia/Renesas/whatever based ports. The latter still require the workaround.

Important: Switching off the xHCI (USB 3) handoff and pointer trail workaround can also help with performance of the USB 2 mode, but it will not solve a general bandwidth issue.

- Prohibiting the graphics card from down-clocking (energy saving). In the NVidia driver, you set "Maximum Performance". NVidia Control Panel -> Manage 3D Settings -> Power Management Mode -> "Maximum Performance".

You can either set this on the Global tab, or better change this on the Program Settings tab for only those programs where you experience issues that are not solved by the mouse pointer/xHCI hand-off workarounds.

Switching to an ATI card can also be a solution, Vega is coming soon.

Hello Timur.  Thanks for your tips. The pulsating distorted audio problem still persists with my UFX ii, and weird enough i worked for two days with Cubase pro 9, no problemos. Just listened to a Youtube clip; BINGO! But youtube worked OK yesterday.

As for your tips: tried xHCI handoff on or off. UFX ii Intel Port USB 2.0 connected. I have an ATI radeon card, without the extra software installed, so there's no extra settings regarding 3D as far as i can tell. Just the bare ATI drivers. Switching power options on and off, "Best Performance (or a custom slightly adjusted set)" Mouse pointer speed on-off. Pointer trails was off ...  same thing. I tend to think now a little it is graphics related?

I don't use bluetooth BTW, but a USB wired keyboard and HD compliant mouse.

Bandwidth, are there any adjustments to be made there? I tried USB selective suspend both en- and disabled, this as someone suggested, but it also doesn't make a difference.

I feel a bit too tempted NOT to reinstall Windows 7, as i have too much stuff to reinstall then. Windows 10 on my UEFI and SSD system is really fast and runs well with all other stuff, Adobe video and Cubase never crashes LoL. Windows 10 seems even better and ore stable than Windows 7 ever was; i regularly had to revoke an older boot acronis backup with windows 7, mostly after some (microsuck) fixes or updates, often to to with permissions and registry changes. regards, F

A PS: just installed newer ATI graphics basic driver. Seems stable for now ...

27 (edited by ramses 2017-05-24 16:15:46)

To compare with Win7 is easy
- get a 2nd disk or if there is enough space
- partition existing for dual boot

If you cross check against Win7 then it would be interesting to see, whether it works better or not.
It it also doesnt work better, then its much likely still your HW or settings.

You even do not need to install EVERYTHING new.
OS, required mainboard drivers, RME drivers, Cubase.
Simply record smth, duplicate tracks, playback, thats it.

Its simply basic testing not with every stuff installed.

Forget about Acronis, its bitching too often if you really need it.
Macrium Reflect is a lot better.

Win10 is not better than Win7. They only want to make you think it is.
The higher boot speed Win10 gets because it doesnt really shutdown.
I remember there were problems with HW that was not properly reinitialized by that.
So this "cheating" had to be turned off, maybe this is also the case for you.

Also with my board which is tested against Win10 the last ISO before the latest didnt even boot Win10.
So far so good in regards to the quality and value you get out of Win10.
Its - as I said - a too much moving target ... this is against stability, too many changes.

Alas not for now with only RME USB causing problems in my Win 10 setup, and i got much more to re-install. Spent far too much time in solving Windows in my life. The secret it it's success is construct a ramshackle shed so too many subcontractors depend on the repair jobs and keep it alive. Why Atari lost it's market place, switch it on and it runs ... 

Acronis is OK running 2014 off a bootable acronis CD. indeed the new 2016-2017 version sucks and it's "modernized" graphics really IMO are too confusing. Anyway windows 7 is on the way out too, maybe 2 more years LoL.

BTW for windows 10 it's a MUST to adapt a lot of standard settings before it's suited for serious work, WINprivacy and OOSU10 are for starters a must do after a first installation. Classic Shell is also something i use.  F

> i got much more to re-install

You understood me wrong it seems.
For finding out whether Win10 is the culprit you only need a minimum install of Win7.

Installing Win7, mainboard driver, RME driver, DAW (doesnt even need to be cubase) is not much work.
And after that you know better whether this is OS related or not which is still not sorted out completely.
Of course it could also be the combination of HW.
But what if under Win7 all works ok ?!
I think this would be a nice thing to find out which is worth it.
Otherwise you will never know and this would save you much money (otherwise you need to replace HW).

30 (edited by fiddler2007 2017-05-26 13:12:43)

Indeed these dropouts might be graphics related; found this on an AVID forum about an RME UFX and USB on Windows:

Quote "The Weed": I installed an RME UFX to work with Pro Tools 12.4. Unfortunately, if I was playing down or recording into Pro Tools and had RME’s TotalMix or any other window open on the computer, there would be crackling in the audio as long as that window or any other windows remained open. This crackling would also be in any audio being recorded. And when resizing the TotalMix Window that was quite jittery. Here’s what I did to stop all that from happening:

Had already done all the Avid recommended optimizations for my OS (Windows 8.1) after the computer was built.
    Rolled back to an image before any RME Drivers were installed.
    Disabled Application Experience in Services.
    Uninstalled all NVidia Drivers except the NVidia Graphics Driver and NVidia PhysX System Software.
    Updated only the NVidia Graphics Driver and NVidia PhysX System Software.
    Reset the RME UFX back to Factory Settings using the front controls on the RME interface.
    Put the RME interface’s USB cable on a USB 2.0 port (can’t get it on it’s own USB bus).
    Uninstalled Pro Tools 12.4, the HD Driver, Preferences, etc. and the 003 Rack Driver I had been using with my 002 Rack.
    Installed the RME USB Drivers.
    Installed the RME interface (turned it on and let Windows find/install the drivers) then rebooted the computer.
    Set my onboard soundcard as the default for Windows sounds/audio, leaving my RME UFX for Pro tools only.
    In Control Panel>System>Advanced System Settings>Advanced>Performance/Settings>Visual Effects used Custom and only turned on/check marked Enable Peek, Show Translucent Selection Rectangle, Smooth Edges Of Screen Fonts and Smooth-Scroll List Boxes.
    Then under the Advance Tab beside the Visual Effects Tab made sure Adjust for best performance of: is set to Background services and turned off Virtual Memory (Page File) for all drives (I have 16 gb of RAM).
    Installed Pro Tools 12.4 and Avid App Manager, rebuilt Preferences (not copied in as by Trasher) and turned off Clip Transparency in the View>Clip Menu.
    Using Task Manager I Disabled a number of Start-Up Items, for me specifically: Skype, SuperAntiSpyware, Bing Desktop, Sun Java Update Schedule, Avid Application Manager and AppManHelper (Avid Application Manager Helper).

I rebooted the computer and then ran CCleaner’s Registry Cleaner in between each of the above steps, making sure to fix the issues CCleaner found and then immediately ran CCLeaner’s Registry Cleaner again, rinse and repeat until there were no issues found as not all issues are dealt with on the first run or even subsequent runs.

I also copied my Pro Tools sessions off my Audio Drive, formatted my Audio Drive and then copied my Pro Tools sessions back to my Audio Drive (Avid recommends doing this rather than Defragmenting the Audio Drive).

Not only has the crackling in the audio, whether playing back or being recorded, been stopped with any additional window or windows besides pro Tools being open, but also Pro Tools itself is now very stable and seems “snappier”. As well, sessions open and close (quite a bit) faster than before. Indeed the computer is faster outside of Pro Tools too. And now resizing the TotalMix Window is quite smooth.

Hopefully some/all of the above may help someone else with the same or similar issues and/or graphic issues.

For me with the more recent ATI Radeon drivers (minimal version, no acceleration adaptations) i had no more dropouts for about 2 days ...... AND THEN AGAIN, seemingly occurring less frequent.

Latency of 64 samples in Cubase, with other software i am still experimenting. f.i. with one program MME drivers worked better than Asio.  - F

Hello fidller, sorry for my poor english. My experience:

I've similar problems with ASUS X99 Deluxe USB3.1 board and a UFX+. Same hardware configuration worked fine with UFX and Win 10 64bits.

All usb ports in ASUS X99 Deluxe (asmedia or Intel) doesn't work with UFX+. Asus USB 3.1 pci board (asmedia chipset) works better but not fine.
I tried Inateck pcie card (fresco chipset) and didn't work. I think the card was defective (I tried it in 3 different mobos), but I prefer return it and purchase a Sonnet Allegro pro card. No problems with Sonnet.

In my experience, UFX+ It's more dependent on hard+soft configuration, even in usb 2 mode, than old UFX.

UFX+, ARC USB, Octamic XTC, ADI-2 PRO FS R, 12Mic

32 (edited by fiddler2007 2017-05-29 08:25:51)

Thanks, your English is fine .... i'll look into your tip, is your Sonnet Allegro PCIe and USB 2.0 or 3.0?, i guess the latter ...
I just installed an older ASUS U3S6 PCIe card with two independent NEC chipped USB 3.0 channels ...... the UFX ii already runs for about 2 days stable it seems. Only have some asio settings problems with a PGmusic program, and need to use MME drivers for that. -F

Timur Born wrote:

And just to mention it: Could well be that the BIOS on that HP doesn't work nicely.

That was the case on the last HP workstation that I came across. Fortunately, there was a BIOS update available.

USB was not working at all with several audio interfaces. Yet the USB ports all worked with harddisks, mice...

MB Pro - 2 X FireFace 400, FF800 & DigiFace USB
ADAT gear: Korg, Behri, Fostex, Alesis...