Topic: Using 2 dac on ufx+

It is possible to have 2 digital out in the same time  .. exemple link a dac via aes and another one via adat ?

Re: Using 2 dac on ufx+

Sure.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by Damyst 2017-06-04 03:47:25)

Ok do i need a special optical cable for adat ?  cause rigth i got my aes out in a crane song solaris for monitoring and i gonna go optical to my second dac mytek for my mastering chain ... but my mytek dont recieve any signal from the optical maybe i do something wrong in the routing or im not using the rigth optical cable ... toslink and optical cable same thing ?

Does the Mytek support ADAT format? If not then you could use coaxial with an RCA to XLR adapter cable and then into the Mytek, or a simple RCA to RCA cable if it has such an input.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Btw thanks Mc for your help i really appreciate . The mytek im using is https://mytekdigital.com/hifi/products/brooklyn/  and yes  its support adat format 
here --- DIGITAL INPUTS: USB2 Class2 (OSX, Linux driverless,
all formats), AES/EBU (PCM up to 192k, up to DSD64 DOP), 2x S/PDIF (PCM up to 192k, up to DSD64 DOP), Toslink/ADAT 2x S/PDIF (PCM up to 192k, up to DSD64 DOP), SDIF3 DSD up to DSD256

Well no coaxial out  on the UFX+

My option for digital out signal on the ufx+  is  ---    Aes - adat  - and madi  rigth ?

y

and .. ADAT2 can be set to optical SPDIF

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

That is what i want to do

ufx+  --> aes out  -->  cranesong solaris  ----> speaker   =monitoring
uffx+ ---> adat out --> mytek brooklyn dac  -> hardware eq and comp -> mytek brooklyn adc --> adat or aes in --> ufx  back in my daw on a bus

Hi Ramses can you explain to me how i use adat2 and set to optical spdif sorry its not clear to me .

10 (edited by ramses 2017-06-04 15:43:45)

See driver settings dialog, "Optical 2 Out" .. select the right thing in the pull-down menu

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Can i have 2 different signal in digital out ?

ADAT = 8x @44.1/48

AES/SPDIF = Stereo = 2x @44.1/48

On the UFX+, if you set SPDIF 2 out to SPDIF then you loose AES, so better let it stay at ADAT out. But using this option allows to quickly check that the optical connection is working at all, and that you set the clocking in the Mytek correctly.

The question then is: does the Brooklyn not receive a signal at its optical input at all, or just no audio? In that case - do you send audio to those ADAT 2 output channels via DAW or TotalMix?

I am not convinced this unit supports ADAT format. You might want to check with Mytek support to be sure.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME