1 (edited by akira.omoto 2017-06-07 13:35:12)

Topic: MADIface XT with MBP (usb-c)

Hi all,

Currently, I changed computer to MBP 13’’ 2016, Sierra 10.12.5 and connected to MADIface XT via adapter of "usb-c to usb-A (female)" and cable of "usb-A to usb-B (3.0)". Driver and firmware are the latest.

Unfortunately, the playback sound stops irregularly and recovers after short break so many times. This happens in DAW (Nuendo) and even in iTunes playback of simple stereo sound.

I have tried several adapters (Apple and third party) and several usb 3.0 cables. Completely the same situations happened.

But, when I used usb 2.0 cable instead of 3.0, the situation changed and stable playback could be achieved.

So, up to now, is it difficult to use usb 3.0 mode (more than 64ch) in MADIface XT with MBP having usb-c connector?

Thank you for your help.

Re: MADIface XT with MBP (usb-c)

We are currently examining this problem. Please stay tuned.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you very much!
I am looking forward to it.

We found two issues so far. One is fixed, the other one is still worked on. I might have more news tomorrow.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you!
I'm looking forward to another problem being solved.

Regards,
Akira Omoto

Unfortunately this problem (Playback dropouts on USB3) can only be solved by Apple, it is a confirmed issue in the current hardware/Sierra combination.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I've seen this sort of thing pop up on several other manufacturers also. I hope you manage to get to talk to the right people to get it sorted out.