Topic: Help! Crazy crackle & noise when I turn FF400 on in stand alone mode!

Hello smile

Today I tried using my ff400 in stand alone mode with not much succes. I got some REALLY serious hardcore noise from the unit as soon as I turned it on, I thought it had broken, but luckily it was not the case. But still not working in stand alone mode. I did this:

First I store the flash in the fireface settings dialog and then I saved the mixer state in options > flash mixer state. All while connected to the Mac with firewire cable.

Then I turned off the computer, disconnected the firewire cable & connected the power supply to FF400 and turned it on.

ANNNDDD.....

Then I got the harshest noise and really loud hmmmm and noise coming from the FF400. I quickly turned it off. I tried tuning it on again a few times, only very shortly with the same crazy noise/hum.

Argh first I though it was broke, so connected it back to the Mac and it worked here as usual. But when I went back to stand alone mode I got the same crazy noise/hum again.

Argh, I was really hoping I could use it in stand alone mode as mixer so I dont alwasy have to have the computer on.

Am I doing something wrong in the set up?

Any help appreciated!

Jakob

Re: Help! Crazy crackle & noise when I turn FF400 on in stand alone mode!

Have you tried another PSU?

Any 12 to 15V DC >2A will do.

MB Pro - 2 X FireFace 400, FF800 & DigiFace USB
ADAT gear: Korg, Behri, Fostex, Alesis...

Re: Help! Crazy crackle & noise when I turn FF400 on in stand alone mode!

Please try loading a mixer preset and reflashing the state in Totalmix.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME