1 (edited by Omicron9 2017-07-11 02:40:28)

Topic: No DUREC recording?

Greetings.

I am a total n00b to RME, but I do have the UFX+ connected with my MacBook, and can pass signal into Logic and record some basic tracks.  However, in TotalMix, I see the DUREC panel in the bottom right and I have a blank USB drive inserted, but clicking the red Record button doesn't do anything.  The button blinks when I click it, but doesn't engage.  Ergo:

How do I record to DUREC?

Pg. 98 of the manual states: "Clicking on the red button will initiate recording, and a new file will be created immediately, with an increment file number according to present files. "

I check the TotalMix online Help, but there was no mention of Durec in the help files.

UPDATE: Problem solved, I think.  I selected Record View in the Durec panel, which shows an additional arming button for each track.  Arming those arms them for Durec recording.  Now, clicking Durec's record button actually records audio to the USB drive.  I'll leave this post here instead of deleting in case anyone else might be looking for this answer.  Also interested if anyone has anything to add.

TIA,

2 (edited by ebulb 2017-07-11 03:31:22)

Re: No DUREC recording?

be careful.. when people post really basic questions on this forum the engineers at RME have a meeting and discuss whether you are entitled to keep your UFX or whether they will visit your house and remove it.. smile

Then RME should include procedural steps for basic functionality in their printed and on-line documentation, instead of just stating that a feature exists.

Is the media formatted as FAT 32?
It needs to be FAT 32, so you will need to Format it if it is another format.

Have you tested DUREC free-standing?
DUREC can be done without any computer connected.
You may want to make sure that works first.

Have you record enabled (armed) the tracks to be recorded?
Record tracks must be armed before recording is started.

SamProX23 Suite-RME UFX+,FF800;X-Touch,21" Acer Touch,ASUS ROG G750JH-DB71-Win8,MSSurfbook-Win10

5 (edited by ramses 2017-07-13 17:30:38)

He wrote he solved it.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Omicron9 wrote:

Then RME should include procedural steps for basic functionality in their printed and on-line documentation, instead of just stating that a feature exists.

my response was tongue in cheek..  having said that I can sympathise with RME being expected to deal with these types of questions all the time because "procedural steps for basic functionality " are clearly written in the manual on page 99, ironically only one page after the section that you quoted.

7 (edited by Omicron9 2017-07-17 16:37:23)

ebulb wrote:
Omicron9 wrote:

my response was tongue in cheek..  having said that I can sympathise with RME being expected to deal with these types of questions all the time because "procedural steps for basic functionality " are clearly written in the manual on page 99, ironically only one page after the section that you quoted.

Thanks, ebulb.  I did see that, but by then I'd already figured it out and I have it working now.  I do love this feature.  Nicely done, RME.