Topic: Heavier eq in Totalmix? ---- Feature request

It would be nice to have more eq bands in Totalmix. Specially in speaker outputs, because I'd like to calibrate my Genelecs to my room using RoomEqWizard. The current 3 bands could be like 10 bands smile Maybe it's just a simple software update?

Re: Heavier eq in Totalmix? ---- Feature request

+1

www.analoguemastering.com

No it's not. The unit's DSP does not have the resources to render this.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

4 (edited by Raphie 2017-07-19 06:33:19)

What if there would be a "room EQ mode" just like the "daw mode"
In "room eq mode" all DSP would be dedicated to 1 output for realtime monitoring purposes
Dissabling individual channelstrips, reverb and delay.
Think of it as a 3rd usage scenario. The DSP is there and realtime driverless room DSP without the need for plugins like Sonarworks would be great.
It doesn't need to be fancy, but expanding 3 bands to 8, at the expense off everything else would already be great. REW can perfectly measure and calculate the optimum settings for 8 bands per channel with advised Q and level. As long as TMFX could provide the 8 band EQ per channel for 1 stereo output we should be golden.

www.analoguemastering.com

+ 1 !!!

Push it for a 5.1 config !

RoomEQ mode is a good idea. There are plenty of channels NOT requiring fx. Squeeze everything out of the dsp

https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/

AWESOMENESS! smile

But its only for Windows Sound system, ASIO and WASAI access to HW will bypass this.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

It works with ASIO. I just installed it and tweaked the EQ. Totalmix is running also without problems.

10 (edited by ramses 2017-07-23 09:47:59)

I doubt this because of this statement of the devs

Requirements:
- the application must not bypass the system effect infrastructure (APIs like ASIO or WASAPI exclusive mode can not be used)

If you use i.e. a DAW like cubase, then you can not make use of this because the ASIO driver of your RME interface will bypass the Windows Sound System.

Maybe it works when you use the WDM devices generated by your RME ASIO driver, but this is not true ASIO.

In the below Diagram I would guess this EQ is somewhere in the area of "Windows Mixer" over the layer of WDM, WASAPI, Direct Sound.

But I question myself what you expect from this EQ .. If you want to enjoy/listen to music in best quality then its the best to use a Musicplayer which supports ASIO (MediaMonkey, Foobar2000, MusicBee) and to completely bypass the Windows Sound system. So for Highest Quality Listening this EQ approach appears to me as kind of useless, as you cant use ASIO together with it.

Then better use MusicPlayer and by Loopback settings feed the Audio Playback to the DAW and inside of DAW use a good EQ as insert in the master channel.

http://www.tonstudio-forum.de/index.php/Attachment/1988-TotalMix-Diagram-Overview-Signal-Flow-jpg/

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ok. I just listen and if it is good, it is good smile