Topic: problem with my totalmix fx

Hi Guys, i'm new in the forum. can someone help me?

In the last few days the main channel of my total mix shows me very low levels around -40 / 50db.
I keep the main volume on 0, and use channel 1/2 of playback software as a volume pilot at about -35 dB.
Last week, the main track reads Rms levels in a normal way, and I could check directly from the main channel without necessarily opening the equalizer.
Now I can see the right peak and Rms levels only from the Totalyzer tool, in fact if I open the spectrum analyzer (totalyzer) peak and Rms are represented in the right way. . How can I fix this problem, thanks to anyone who can help me. Have a good day.
Giacomo

Re: problem with my totalmix fx

i try to post the image that show what i mean, i don't understand why, unlike some day ago, the total mix Main track show me a very low levels  - 46.5 dbrms?
until few days ago it was in correlation with rms level on totalyzer.

i'm very sorry for bad english.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m17k9coxsgu5dzw/main%20meters%20problem.png?dl=0

3 (edited by ramses 2017-07-20 22:02:49)

Set the fader of SW playback AN1/2 from -34.3 to 0.

You clicked to the "Main" channel (AN 1/2 Out) so you see the submix of HW Inputs and SW Playback channels for your Monitors.

Its clear that if you turn the fader of the DAW signal (SW Playback Channel AN1/2) down by -34.3
that you do not get the full signal through to Main Output.

Maybe my TotalMix FX guide helps you to understand the TM FX concept better.

http://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/inde … rnal-equi/

And these from RME/Synthax
http://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/inde … al-Videos/

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thank you for having responded to me, I've been able to deepen thanks to your links.
Can you confirm that the main tracks will be the fader that will use for monitor output volume? Or should I handle it differently? It does not make me use the volume keys of my mac book
tnx again

cancellierigiacomo wrote:

Thank you for having responded to me, I've been able to deepen thanks to your links.
Can you confirm that the main tracks will be the fader that will use for monitor output volume? Or should I handle it differently? It does not make me use the volume keys of my mac book
tnx again

As I wrote in my blog article (1st URL in my previous post):
Assign "Main Out" and "Phones1" in the TM FX Control Room section.
Ensure you are in submix mode.
Click to "Main Out", make your routing, store to Snapshot 1
Click to "Phones1", make your routing, store to Snapshot 2

This way - in submix mode - you make for every output a submix of Inputs and Playback channels.
So every HW Output in TM FX is a submix of its own....

All explained in my blog article.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I renew my thanks.