1 (edited by miar 2017-07-21 19:58:31)

Topic: Tiny "Buzzing" interference from System PC

Guys,

Tiny Electrical/static/buzzing or system processing noise heard particularly through Headphones. The Mouse movements also contribute. Interference is heard when Screen Monitors are switched off. (I can "force" a buzzing noise by opening Win Exlororer for example)

I have an RME PCI Card and have separated the Headphone/Monitoring cabling as best I can from the rest of the power cabling on PC rear.

Not so noticeable on Audio Monitors (it is there too though) but on low mixes in Headphones. This has nothing to do with RME's Audio output volume as when I Zero the output I can still hear the interference.

Tried physically disconnecting all USB devices and both Screen monitors with no joy.

Anyone have some experience or resolved it?

Re: Tiny "Buzzing" interference from System PC

You have some electircal issues, maybe old wires in wall or bad installation.

Really?  You can you tell from the info given.  How might I troubleshoot that one?

It could be that but \i have no idea how I'd fix.

Search the forum for i.e. "mouse movement noise"

You will find threads like i.e. this: https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=23774

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Many thanks.  Will check

SOLVED:

@Thermaltake     Spot on!  New PSU and the issue is gone.  Was getting pretty old and last few days Random shutdowns due to surge detection.

Great stuff  ;>

Which PSU did you get?

8 (edited by miar 2017-12-21 11:50:22)

Got a Cooler Master G650M PSU 'Semi-Modular, 80 Plus Bronze, 650W which may have helped a little.

But since moving to Yamaha Monitors recently, the noise is back (or at least is no longer hidden)

The problem with those monitors is that internally they connect shield (audio cable + plug) to chassis ground, and thus earth. That's where the a ground loop occurs. If you are using balanced XLR cables to connect the monitors then disconnect pin 1 (shield) on one side (usually monitor side) of the cable.