Topic: Driver 4.18 Install Fails on Multiface II

Hello, I Have a multiface II used in a Win 7x64 machine and every time I try to update the driver upon a new release, I get an error stating that the driver install failed. Any ideas as to what I should look for to see why new drivers always fail?
The latest failure was trying to install 4.18. Thanks

Re: Driver 4.18 Install Fails on Multiface II

DPINST.LOG in C:\Windows.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello MC and thanks for the direction. I have found that it was installing up to this point and then failed as shown. However I don't know what the code means. Any insight is appreciated, Thanks

INFO:   Installing INF file 'c:\users\image\appdata\local\temp\rme\hdsp.inf' (Plug and Play).
INFO:   Could not open file . (Error code 0x57: The parameter is incorrect.)
ERROR:  PnP Install failed. (Error code 0x3EE: The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid.)
INFO:   Attempting to rollback ...
INFO:   No devices to rollback
INFO:   RETURN: DriverPackageInstallW  (0x3EE)
INFO:   ENTER:  DriverPackageUninstallW
INFO:   RETURN: DriverPackageUninstallW  (0x5)
INFO:   Wizard cancelled by user on welcome page.
INFO:   Returning with code 0x80010000
INFO:   08/19/2017 10:16:23

The meaning of the code is given there:

The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid.

Deactivate Virus scanner.

If that one doesn't help you can install the files the old way from C:\RMEDriver after calling  rmeinstall.exe /manual.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi. I tryed disabling virus scan but no change.  Not sure what you mean about installing manually? Can you elaborate?  Thanks again!

"Calling rmeinstall.exe" ? I don't know what this means.  Thanks

Open a command window with the correct path and type rmeinstall.exe /manual. This will unpack all files to C:\RMEdriver. You can then use the Device Manager to install drivers, like shown here:

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=732

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks MC, I worked on it for 30 minutes and couldn't get it to install but something in the install manual that you provided gave me an idea so I unpacked the 4.18 driver then I uninstalled the 4.14 driver from Device Manager and restarted the machine, it then automatically installed the 4.18 driver all by itself. All is good and working fine. Thanks MC!