1 (edited by ramses 2017-09-12 13:24:40)

Topic: [SOLVED] ARC USB LED Light Flicker Bug still there

Hi,

the LEDs between SNAP1 and SNAP2 on ARC USB begin to flicker in an irregular way,
when restoring a workplace with TM FX "workplace quick select".

No matter which SNAPSHOT key was selected before on ARC USB (SNAP1 .. SNAP8)
after a "workplace quick select" operation SNAP1 and SNAP2 LEDs flicker irregulary
and always these two keys.

The behaviour changes when using TM FX
- "Load Snapshot" and
- "Load Workplace"
BTW: here I load the same snapshot and workspace files which are restored by "workplace quick select" operation.

When using
- "Load Snapshot" alone, then the currently selected ARC USB LED flickers (SNAP1 or SNAP2 or SNAP3, etc)
- "Load Workplace" alone, then the SNAP1 LED becomes lit properly and stays lit.

So something around the "load snapshot" function is still causing issues and leads to LED display errors on ARC USB.
But with different results depending on whether using
- "workspace quick select" or
- "load Snapshow"

Windows 7, SP1
TM 1.43
MADIFace Driver 0.9612
latest Firmware, UFX+: TB 99, DSP 39, USB 44

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: [SOLVED] ARC USB LED Light Flicker Bug still there

The current ARC configuration is only loaded with Workspaces. So after loading these you have to verify every time after load that the second interface is properly disabled for the ARC USB. Then the 'test' can continue...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Sorry I forgot to mention:
- 2 UFX+
- 1 ARC USB connected to PC

There are 2 TM FX instances loaded by the workspace
- for the 1st UFX+ with ARC USB enabled
- for the 2nd UFX+ with ARC USB definitively disabled for this TM FX instance

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

You mean the workspace opens two separate windows, one for each interface? That might be something to check for us.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by ramses 2017-09-12 06:31:01)

MC wrote:

You mean the workspace opens two separate windows, one for each interface? That might be something to check for us.

Exactly, it opens 2 TM FX windows, one per UFX+ device.

Problem is solved.

I overlooked that I still have a RayDAT, but which I am not using at the moment and for which I do not have a TotalMix FX instance open. After deactivating the ARC USB also for the RayDAT everything works now.

So lessons learned for using ARC USB connected to a PC is: ensure to activate ARC USB only for one RME device.

I solved the issue by these steps:
- workspace quick select to ensure, to have the proper settings
- in the 2nd TM FX window for the 2nd UFX+ I selected the RayDAT
- deactivated the use of ARC USB
- changed back to 2nd UFX+
- saved workspace
- saved workspace quick select (my usual slot and the backup slot there)