Topic: ARC USB and TotalMix channel faders ( UFX II )

Hello!

If i understand correctly - ARC USB can currently control Main Volume ( and Phones, Gain etc ), but NOT volume ( i.e faders ) of the separate channels? If so, is it going to happen in the future? This would be very beneficial in a situation of the live events ...

All the best!
R.

PS. Sorry for my bad English, this is not my native language

Re: ARC USB and TotalMix channel faders ( UFX II )

I do not see the benefit. This is just one (1) encoder. And you would need some kind of navigation which of the 18 or 30 or hundreds of inputs are under control. To me that makes no sense.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

I do not see the benefit. This is just one (1) encoder. And you would need some kind of navigation which of the 18 or 30 or hundreds of inputs are under control. To me that makes no sense.

That was my 1st impression.

But thinking about it for a while this could be eventually useful when i.e.
operating a device with display in standalone mode and performing changes of gain/routing supported by ARC USB.

You would only require 3 new functions which can be assigned to the ARC USB keys.

1- submix select (selection of output channel/submix)
--- ARC USB encoder changes between output channels
--- Devices with Display might show the name of the mono/stereo submixes while selecting with Encoder
Descr: selects the submix for the further control

2- HW Input / SW playback select toggle
--- toggles between these two channel types
Descr: select which fader type you want to change for the selected submix and enables the encoder to browse between the HW input channels or SW playback channels

3- Channel select
--- r3d and last key to select the just selected channel to change the Gain with the Encoder

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

For example, we have a three-member band ( guitar, bass, keyboards, vocals ). It would be very convenient, if we could change channel levels "on the fly" and "in hardware", but not in TotalMix app, because the screen of the iPad is busy with backtracking app.