Topic: 3 Separate Speaker Sets? - TotalMix/ARC USB

Hi there,

I'm wondering if there is some workaround to get 3 different sets of speaker outs to function within TotalMix FX that utilize all the normal features of the "Main Out" and "Speaker B" assignments.

For uber-clarity, here is a checklist of what I'm looking for:

• 3 separate stereo outs with linked volume control (controlled by an ARC USB encoder ideally...)

• Only 1 of these stereo outs on at a time (this is not a 5.1 setup, this is for monitoring purposes - I'd like to push 1 button to change monitors, not 2 to mute one set and unmute another)

• Have the "Mono" and "External In" apply and stay with all 3 sets (so I can check mono on each and jump back and forth between a mix and a reference track).

I've wrestled with different Snapshots and groupings but I can't seem to get this to work... Ideally TotalMix FX would just have a "Speaker C" option!  If it did I'd ditch my current monitor controller for an ARC USB in a heartbeat!

Thanks!

Re: 3 Separate Speaker Sets? - TotalMix/ARC USB

create 3 snapshots ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

3 (edited by SalmonCarps 2017-10-04 19:02:54)

ramses wrote:

create 3 snapshots ?

I've tried, but each Snapshot resets the volume of the speakers and their inputs (Main Out/Ext In).  Unless there is a way to maintain those elements across different Snapshots?

TotalMix FX menu > Preferences > Snapshots > check "Do not load Main volume / balance"

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

TotalMix FX menu > Preferences > Snapshots > check "Do not load Main volume / balance"

Not working for me... My main output level still defaults to 0.  Any other ideas?

Thank you all for your help!  It's very much appreciated!

6 (edited by SalmonCarps 2017-10-05 16:31:56)

Ah! I think I figured out the proper balance!  Jeff and Ramses you were correct!

For future prospectors looking for the same setup:

• "Do Not Load Main Volume/Balance" is checked and Fader Group 1 is set to Outputs 1/2, 3/4, and 5/6.

• Snapshot 1 has Software Out 1/2 to Main Out 1/2

• Snapshot 2 has Software Out 1/2 to Main Out 3/4

• Snapshot 3 has Software Out 1/2 to Main Out 5/6

• Snapshot 4 has Software Out 3/4 to Main Out 1/2

• Snapshot 5 has Software Out 3/4 to Main Out 3/4

• Snapshot 6 has Software Out 3/4 to Main Out 5/6

A few seem to be double, different volumes ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Oops... my mistake!  Just fixed the post.