Topic: TotalMix driver update for mac os high sierra

Hi All,

I just bought Babyface Pro and I am not being able to use it as my mac os is High Sierra. Does anyone have any idea when RME is updating their driver for High Sierra? I have installed the latest driver that is available in the website but when I open, the Totalmix windows does not appear. It appears on the menu bar ( on top) but no visibility of any mix or matrix windows.

It would be great and thankful if anyone could help me out!

Thanks!

Re: TotalMix driver update for mac os high sierra

The driver works fine, you need to address the security system of High Sierra:
https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=26077

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks Jeff! Tried the method but it isn't working on my system. If there is any other way I would really appreciate.

I am using mac book pro (of 2012 mid).Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel core i5. 8gb RAM.

Thanks!

OJ

What do you mean, not working? What exactly does not work when you follow these steps from the link?

1. System preferences:  security and settings - allow apps from apple & identified
2. install RME Driver 3.03
3. Restart
4. System preferences (Again) :  Click on the new button, which allow RME driver to be installed

Is the unit in Class Compliant mode? If you hold the Select and DIM keys when you plug it in, the unit will switch modes. On the meters it will show PC for computer mode or CC for class compliant (iPad) mode.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

5 (edited by banjiha.project 2017-10-24 19:52:24)

I using macbook pro letina 15'. already (System preferences:  security and settings - allow apps from apple & identified) and My BFP in class compliant mode. logic studio and mac system can read BFP but fireface usb setting is not open and Totalmix windows does not appear. It appears on the menu bar ( on top) but no visibility of any mix or matrix windows. I live in korea..I waited three weeks until I received this item... please help me..

Of course they don't open - because it is in (driverless) Class Compliant mode.

Change that to PC mode and they will work.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

But When I worked PC mode. Can’t use bfp. only read fireface usb setting. No logic studio no system no totalmix T^T why do that???

Then you did not 'allow' correctly. Install driver again, reboot, check the setting...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

9 (edited by banjiha.project 2017-10-25 15:35:07)

I already install driver and osx five times.. I need a help.

Then call RME support. This is just a forum.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

thanx your reply

I Solved!!! my computer temporary error maybe. I reformatted My mac (install osx El capitan)
*****you must have back up your computer******
and re install driver and totalmix fx. next, upgrade osx high sierra.
Now it works fine everyone!!! I hope this reply will help someone!

13 (edited by ramses 2017-10-26 11:39:46)

Glad you solved it.

After being "decades" in the IT wink Full installations were always preferred over upgrade installations, although the manufacturers try their best to make it more user friendly by upgrade installations.

In certain cases I also prefer upgrade installations to safe time, i.e. on vacation PC ....

But for a (semi-) professional environment I am the opineon that for major release updates fresh installations are preferrable for getting best / most stable results so that nothing old from the old installation interferes with new stuff.

I'd call this way "best practise" (based on experiences ...).

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

It only means you did something wrong before. Drivers that are installed under pre High Sierra are automatically 'allowed' when an update to High Sierra is perfomed. That's why this problem only hits users with a new computer or a completely fresh new install of the OS.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME