Topic: 8/16 channels usb/tb converter?

Hi Rme
I'm very happy to use your Adi2 pro
Very stable and amazing conversion
After all i miss Totalmix and analog sum. I don't need pres, just good DA (AD) converters
May i expect next year a standalone usb/tb 8/16 channels converter?
Or digiface plus adat converters will be the only way next year too?

Re: 8/16 channels usb/tb converter?

You could use i.e. a MADI capable recording interface and
then you have the choice of different converter with 8, 16 or even 32 channels.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Hi Ramses
Rme recording devices have pres and other options. And Rme conversion devices are not standalone, they need a usb/tb recording interface.
I'd like to use my adi2 pro as master converter connected by aes/ebu/adat to a kind of Adi8DS MkIV Usb/Tb interface with only very good converters and Totalmix for routing. I don't like to have more devices or more functions.
I like digital summing too even if i prefer analog summing. So i could sell my analog summing mixer and keep on the digital sum with Adi2 pro for listening/monitoring and tracking. But a new Rme standalone converter would be very interesting

I gave you the answer for whats possible now as alternative to usual solutions which are ADAT based.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

5 (edited by ramses 2017-10-14 22:40:39)

Take RayDAT to get TotalMix FX for the ADI-2 Pro. As it has fully separate AES and optical SPDIF.
I described such a solution here: http://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/inde … ort-DE-EN/

I use an IMac
I don't think RayDat could work