Topic: ADI-2 PRO in conjunction with DSP monitors

Hello all,

I am about to purchase an ADI-2 PRO for my small home studio and I wanted to know if I'd be getting the most out the DA converters in the ADI-2 PRO if I were to use it with a pair of Neumann KH 80 DSP monitors.

My concern is that the high quality of the DA conversion on the ADI-2 PRO may be diminished given the fact that the monitors have their own AD/DA conversion in them (to my understanding) and I can't imagine this being superior  - or even on par - with the quality of the ADI-2 PRO.

Simply put, will having this additional AD/DA conversion  (from the DSP monitors) in my chain be a bad choice if my aim is the maximize the quality of the RME ADI-2 PRO?

Thanks!

Re: ADI-2 PRO in conjunction with DSP monitors

Impossible to say / predict ...
Try it out ... if you hear a difference take the one which you like more. Thats it.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I use the ADI-2 Pro with Genelec DSP monitors + sub (8330 + 7350) via digital  output and no complaints here. I would argue, that the additional AD-DA-DA conversion in the monitors is worse than than the single DA conversion in good quality monitors. At least the Genelecs sound brilliant! wink

Either you use the ADI-2 Pros Qualities of Steadyclock III, connect monitors digitally and make D/A in your monitors.
Or you use the ADI-2 Pros Qualities of D/A ..
I would tend to say that the D/A converters in the ADI are better.

In digital nearfield monitors I wouldn't expect high quality / high end converters.
I can be wrong but its a gut feeling.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13