Topic: RME HDSPe AIO not working with ableton?

I have finally built my first recording computer complete with the HDSPe AIO, AI4S-192 AIO , AO4S-192 AIO and ableton live 9 standard. This is my first PCI interface, and works perfect for listening to audio but when i try to use it with ableton my ins and outs don't seem to work.

Within ableton preferences i select ASIO driver type and select ASIO Hammerfall DSP. I am able to select my buffer size and the test tone plays through my monitors but that is the only sound that will play. I am unable to record instruments into ableton using any of my pre-amps di-boxes or even the outputs on my portastudio. Is there something simple im missing?

Im an old hand at analog recording but will admit this is uncharted waters for me. Im starting to freak out over this huge investment that so far iv produced nothing with. Is this a comparability issue or a setting im overlooking? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Thank you.

Re: RME HDSPe AIO not working with ableton?

Can you provide a screenshot of Settings dialog and TotalMix FX while recording and playing something 'unheard'?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Can you provide a screenshot of Settings dialog and TotalMix FX while recording and playing something 'unheard'?

Ok I'm working the next few days I'll post a screenshot has soon as I get home.

MC wrote:

I am unable to open hdspmix but i took a screen shot of digicheck and my settings

https://postimg.org/image/h4lp78293/

hdspmix means you had installed a totally outdated driver. TotalMix FX might be hiding behind the chevron in the lower right notification area.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME