Topic: ADI-2 Pro enhencements

First of all I like to thank the RME engineering team for a job well done on the ADI-2 Pro converter. After extensive listening tests and measurements I can only be excited about the product and can highly recommend this product to all audio engineers and serious (audiophile) listeners.

To get more familiar with the ADI-2 Pro and to unleash its full potential I have a few additional questions for the team:

a)    Although burn-in time is relatively short (2-3days), is it recommended to keep the unit under power (idle mode) or is it sensible to put it in standby (I assume the analog circuitry is without power or is there still an idle current in standby)?

b)    To have more flexibility for those who like to do active cross-over, is it possible assign Peak, Shelf, Low Cut and High Cut to all five PEQ filters (per channel of course) with extended frequency bands, say 20-20kHz? Did you ever consider to have a parameter and/or convolution file exchange with programs like REW?

c)    Is it possible to have a special USB DAC mode (aside the existing one) to interface directly with a NAS like the Synology Disk Stations (they are UAC 1)? Latter products work in a “USB Speaker” mode where the communication is very basic, no intelligence nor driver required. Would be beneficial for many high-end DAC users, streaming directly from their NAS.

Thanks on forehand and keep up the good work!
Wim

Re: ADI-2 Pro enhencements

a) Standby power consumption is stated in the manual. There is no problem to switch the unit on and off all the time.

b) We just added the High-Cut feature for Band 1. More is not possible, the DSP can not calculate more or more complicated filters anymore. This unit has not been designed to serve as crossover.

c) UAC1 does not exist in any RME product, and seeing the numbers of requests we have no reason to add it to our units. That would need some serious development time that we prefer to spend with more often requested features, sorry.

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=26367

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME